• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Suh to Tampa

Suh was perhaps the greatest defensive linemen to ever don a Husker uniform. Didn't have the over all impact I thought he would have in the NFL but still very very good. He's made a ton of money and been almost injury free. Be interesting to see how he works out at the Bucs.....
So, Tampa does actually still have a football team, interesting.

How will we ever raise the money to update his image? ;) If I were him and donated that much money to build the place and have it named after me, I probably would also ask for my image to be updated. Just sayin' :Biggrin:
I agree. I think there were numerous things he got pissed about and that’s another thing that piled on. Not too much to ask.

Suh was perhaps the greatest defensive linemen to ever don a Husker uniform. Didn't have the over all impact I thought he would have in the NFL but still very very good. He's made a ton of money and been almost injury free. Be interesting to see how he works out at the Bucs.....
His best years were spent with a losing detroit team. Had he been on a competitive team we would be talking about a hall of fame career.

He evidently is going to sign with TB. Why go from a Super Bowl team to the Bucks? Disappointed that he is just in it for the $.

He evidently is going to sign with TB. Why go from a Super Bowl team to the Bucks? Disappointed that he is just in it for the $.

1: BAD take
2: there is already a thread for this, and as a member of the CFTNOT (council for the nonproliferation of threads) I must say something

Last edited:

Suh hung with a bad team through two contracts. He took a shot at the brass ring and came up a bit short. His career is now winding down. Why should he not NOW go for the money while he still can?

He played in 16 games every year but 2011 ... I believe those two games were lost to suspension.

He has 56 sacks in 9 seasons ... averaging 6 a year ... not bad for a DT.
He's been 1st or 2nd team All-Pro by some publication in 8 of his 9 professional years.

\

He's a border line HOF player at this point in time ... may not make it simply because he's also one of the most disliked players in the NFL.

Last edited:

He played in 16 games every year but 2011 ... I believe those two games were lost to suspension.

He has 56 sacks in 9 seasons ... averaging 7 a year ... not bad for a DT.
He's been 1st or 2nd team All-Pro by some publication in 8 of his 9 professional years.

View attachment 24316\

He's a border line HOF player at this point in time ... may not make it simply because he's also one of the most disliked players in the NFL.
Your last sentence is the truth.

Listening to some sports talk radio here in Tampa Bay, the general consensus seems to be that most people think that Suh will be an upgrade over McCoy. Back when both were in the draft, there was a lot of discussion here about whether the Bucs should take Suh or McCoy in the draft if both were available, and opinion at that time was mixed. The most prominent guy on local sports talk radio (Steve Deumig, who just passed away from brain cancer) was a big proponent of taking McCoy. I remember that he also liked Suh but said Suh was a one-trick pony and only used his strength to be successful whereas McCoy had more quickness and finesse. He wasn't necessarily wrong, but I think the results have shown that Suh has had a better career than McCoy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back