• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Suh P O’d about 2009 Heisman

If Suh had been playing for one of the worshiped Holy Grail schools he probably would have won a Heisman imo. He has a boat load of money and a SB ring so what's to whine about now.

Oh I like Suh mad stories. Others on the top of my list:

- Eichorst kicking him and his friend out of the lockerroom and him losing it
- Coming back to see the facility he gave millions to have a picture of him in his Lions uniform when he played for the Dolphins
Eichorst, geez, I still can’t believe that tool was ever even hired. You can see why Bo hated those clowns. Always was easy to see.

Yep, Frazier and Suh were jobbed.

Yep. Name me any other Heisman winner who was named MVP of three consecutive National Title games - including one his team lost. I'll wait.

RUSH YDSRUSH TDRCV YDSRCV TDPASS YDSPASS TDTOTAL YDSTOTAL TD
Eddie George1927244171----234425
Tommie Frazier60414----1362171966
31​

The only superior thing Eddie George did over Frazier was rack up +350 more yards. Going over 2000 All-Purpose Yards for a season is pretty impressive but Frazier was arguably the better player all around.

Both players were in college from 1992-1995, so comparing Ohio State and Nebraska over that run is pretty simple. While the Heisman is an "individual award" we all know it is more often an award given to the best beauty pageant player on one of the best 2-3 teams in the nation.

Objectively, Ohio State was not at the level of Nebraska during the 90s. They were a solid team, but at least during the careers of George and Frazier, they managed to only be Big Ten Co-Champs (Wisconsin) once. Never even went to a Rose Bowl. In fact, during George's tenure, they lost 3 bowls (UGA, BAMA, TENN) and win a lone win over BYU. You can argue that Frazier also lost two bowls to FSU, but 1992 was within a stone's throw of a national title game (FSU almost edged out Alabama) and 1993 WAS a National Title game.

Meanwhile, Eddie and the Buckeyes were getting their licks in against the Fighting Mormons and losing to every Tom, Dick and Harry SEC School in the conference. If anything, Michigan was the premier 1990s Big Ten team with a shared titled in 1997 and a pair of Heismans for Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson.

Ohio StateNebraska
19928-3-1. Big Ten runner up. Lost Citrus Bowl to Georgia9-3-0. Big 8 Champs. Lost Orange Bowl to FSU
199310-1-1. Big Ten Co-Champs (Wisconsin). Won Holiday Bowl over BYU.11-1. Big 8 Champs. Lost Orange Bowl to FSU
19949-4. Big Ten runner up. Lost Citrus Bowl to Alabama13-0. Big 8 Champs. National Champs over Miami in Orange Bowl
199511-2. Big Ten runner up. Lost Citrus Bowl to Tennessee. 12-0. Big 8 Champs. National Champs over Florida in Fiesta Bowl

If Suh had been playing for one of the worshiped Holy Grail schools he probably would have won a Heisman imo. He has a boat load of money and a SB ring so what's to whine about now.
Did you watch the video? What he did could HARDLY be considered whining. He was asked a direct question and he answered it. If he brought up the topic it would be whining. He did not. Sharpe Asked him if it made him mad.

Did you watch the video? What he did could HARDLY be considered whining. He was asked a direct question and he answered it. If he brought up the topic it would be whining. He did not. Sharpe Asked him if it made him mad.
You misunderstood what I was saying! I was refering to OTHERS bringing it up and whining about it NOW! I'll attempt to strive for more clarity in the future! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Can't we just claim it like you know some other schools claim national championships they didn't win...
By "some other schools," you must mean Michigan, which still claims NCs won in the pre-leather helmet era, when players without helmets wore turtleneck sweaters without numbers, and so many were killed playing the game that Teddy Roosevelt threatened to ban football. That was Michigan's golden age, when it won all those self-awarded NCs. Go to any Michigan board and you'll probably find posts about how its drop kickers were the best, and how the Wolverines dominated in the flying wedge.

Last edited:
Was Suh the best player in CFB in 2009? Yupp. But him not winning wasn't a great travesty, and he wasn't robbed. In today's world, you have to be in the title hunt to have a win the trophy. Since 2000, only four guys have won the trophy when their teams finishing the regular season outside of the top 5; Tim Tebow, Robert Griffin, Johnny Manziel, and Lamar Jackson. Following the beatdown T Tech put on us, and the ISU game we fumbled away, DONU was actually unranked for most of the 2nd half of the season. The fact that he even got mentioned speaks to his brilliance. Unfortunately the team just wasn't good enough to get him the credit he deserved.

Since 2000, only four guys have won the trophy when their teams finishing the regular season outside of the top 5
Pretty much the exact reason why I haven’t watched the Heisman trophy presentation in years ... The year Suh was a finalist is the last one I can actually recall watching. Too much hype about who happens to be coming from the top few teams in the country instead of who is truly the best player. They probably got it right this year though.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back