• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sugar Bowl: Ohio State vs Clemson (Semi-Final #2)

You think OSU deserves the win? They kicked Clemson‘s azz. It was a beat down. There’s nothing to think about.
You know as well as I do College football games are so inconsistent. That’s why they are the worst to bet on.

Last edited:

tOSU looked good tonight... way to motivate your opponent Dabo.

Hope the NCG is competitive.

You know as well as I do College football games are so inconsistent. That’s why they are the worst to be on.
Yeah, I don’t know what you’re getting at. I assume you’ve had more than your fair share of pops tonight, which is fine. It is New Year’s Day after all. Have a good night.

I hate that any one of Ohio State, Alabama, or Clemson will win another national title. But yes, I think Alabama is at an entirely different level from the rest of college football, and I would have said that a month or two ago.

Husker fans might recall Florida State (led by Hyped-man Trophy winner QB Charlie Ward) was a 17.5 point favorite over Nebraska in the '94 Orange Bowl. Back then, I told anyone who would listen that Nebraska would easily cover and had a shot at winning the game. Most people thought I was...crazy. The 18-16 loss to FSU helped motivate the Huskers to a national championship the next season. Same thing with last year's 29-23 loss to Clemson; the Buckeyes were supremely determined to beat the Tigers in the rematch.

I kept quiet (on this forum) before this game because that's how I felt about the Buckeyes leading up to this game. Never count out a talented team with a big chip on its shoulder. Husker fans should already know this. I'm not saying Ohio State will beat Alabama in the CFP Championship, but don't count out the Buckeyes in the CFP Championship.

I said on page 1 Clemson played one decent D (twice). However the BIG does play a very physical brand of football and it showed up tonight.

I agree with you 100%. Notre Dame doesn't have the back end speed on defense to shut down an elite passing game. Also, most ACC teams don't have multiple WRs to stretch the field against Clemson. That allows DC Venables to call blitzes early (regardless of down) & often. Chris Olave & Garrett Wilson have the ability to beat coverage and Fields can get the ball to them if he has time. The Buckeyes OL did a great job with pass protection most of the game. Run blocking wasn't too shabby, either.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back