• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stunning Michigan run

At this point if you cannot get behind Mich finishing it off and representing the Conf I am not sure what to think. It is fine to not like Mich but the Conf and B1G baseball can benefit from Mich winning it all.

Good point. Also, it increases the amount of money of the next contract, of which all the teams get a larger amount...NU included.

As much as I can't stand Texass, I had to root for them when we were in the Big12. It made my skin crawl but, it benefited us with more $'s.

I really hope they don't join the B1G but, if they do, say la v.

GO BLUE!!! :Giggle:

I'm rooting for Vandy because I don't want Michigan to win a NC. Getting to the championship helps the B1G conference, but actually winning a NC would disproportionately help Michigan, I'm not as concerned about the money. Michigan will get better players. I felt the same way about OSU football in the 2014-15 CFP game. I felt the same way about Michigan in the NCAA basketball finals two years ago. Having our conference opponents make it to the last group of elite teams helps our conference as a whole, but winning a NC helps that team above and beyond anything that the conference teams would benefit.

I'm no expert on French, but I think that that might be a foe paw. ;)

Last edited:

For those of you that cannot get to the point of pulling for Mich to win the CWS put this spin on it. Wouldn't it be great to see another Mich team with a national title before Harbaugh even gets to play for one!!!!

I'm rooting for Vandy because I don't want Michigan to win a NC. Getting to the championship helps the B1G conference, but actually winning a NC would disproportionately help Michigan, I'm not as concerned about the money. Michigan will get better players. I felt the same way about OSU football in the 2014-15 CFP game. I felt the same way about Michigan in the NCAA basketball finals two years ago. Having our conference opponents make it to the last group of elite teams helps our conference as a whole, but winning a NC helps that team above and beyond anything that the conference teams would benefit.

Agreed.

The only guarantee if Michigan wins this thing is that you'll feed a pompous, arrogant fan base another national title. There is no guarantee the rest of the Big Ten will benefit at all. We all hope the national perception will be that Big Ten baseball is a player nationally -- but reality is much more likely that Michigan just had all of the stars align and God is a Wolverine. :Puke:

Agreed.

The only guarantee if Michigan wins this thing is that you'll feed a pompous, arrogant fan base another national title. There is no guarantee the rest of the Big Ten will benefit at all. We all hope the national perception will be that Big Ten baseball is a player nationally -- but reality is much more likely that Michigan just had all of the stars align and God is a Wolverine. :Puke:
The one thing I really don't like about Michigan winning this thing is that the conference is less likely to change the stupid scholarship rules that are in place that make it a lot tougher to win on this stage and especially to do so consistently. I feel the people that vote on such things will say see, we can win doing it this way when the reality is we may be able to do it here and there when a team gets hot but it will not be something you see on a yearly basis.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back