• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stryker Nails It!!

RedFedAV8or

Get off my lawn :)
5 Year Member
Great read! Surprised there isn't a thread about the accountability points he brings up about the staff and what should have been addressed during a three year run. This should really put the local media on notice. I'm looking at you LJS, OWH and others. You are the folks in a position to ask the tough questions we all debate, ad nauseam and seem to whiff just like the Husker offense (that's a shot I realize, justified IMHO). HCSF must put it all together this coming season. I want nothing more than sustained and organized improvement. I've hoped to see that for three years and have seen it only on defense for five games this last year. Man I H-O-P-E this TEAM can get it together. I really tried not to be too negative as there are threads ripe with it. GBR

I thought the article was spot on and hit many excellent points. There's only so many excuses that can be trotted out after 3 long years of losing seasons imo. If SF is the right coach to bring the program back to respectability then next season he needs to prove it. We've actually gotten a lot of HI FIVES on the Big 10 Network but have collapsed after playing a decent game. How we can play well then completely fall flat and self destruct the next week is baffling. It's something that Frost needs to figure out and get fixed for next season.

Last edited:

Great read! Surprised there isn't a thread about the accountability points he brings up about the staff and what should have been addressed during a three year run. This should really put the local media on notice. I'm looking at you LJS, OWH and others. You are the folks in a position to ask the tough questions we all debate, ad nauseam and seem to whiff just like the Husker offense (that's a shot I realize, justified IMHO). HCSF must put it all together this coming season. I want nothing more than sustained and organized improvement. I've hoped to see that for three years and have seen it only on defense for five games this last year. Man I H-O-P-E this TEAM can get it together. I really tried not to be too negative as there are threads ripe with it. GBR
Agree just read it, and I hope Frost does too. Pop the hood and take a good hard look, why is coach v on staff still? Baffling to me, and I think he needed a couple more changes as well.

The most important quote.....He would be wise to worry less about pace and more about execution both in practice and games. I've been saying this for two years. Stop practice and correct the mistakes. If you are on the practice range hitting 50 balls in 10 minutes shanking half of them it's probably gonna happen half the time on the course. Slow down and fix the first couple before heading to the course.

The most important quote.....He would be wise to worry less about pace and more about execution both in practice and games. I've been saying this for two years. Stop practice and correct the mistakes. If you are on the practice range hitting 50 balls in 10 minutes shanking half of them it's probably gonna happen half the time on the course. Slow down and fix the first couple before heading to the course.

I don't understand why they wouldn't coach that way. Get the fundamentals down pat, then pick up the pace. Seems inherently obvious to me.

Well, heck, whatever the newspapers and the staff can do for you just speak up...I'm sure they'll be falling all over themselves to oblige. :rolleyes:

I read it and found it interesting (and complimentary) that all of the points that Stryker discussed have already been discussed/addressed here on on HuskerMax... and for some time now.

Glad to see it consolidated into one article though.

Last edited:
I read it and found it interesting (and complimentary) that all of the points that Stryker discussed have been already been discussed/addressed here on on HuskerMax... and for some time now.

Glad to see it consolidated into one article though.
There tends to be a heavy dose of Huskermax flavor in the writings of some of the local sports columnists. I've often wondered if they perused the site for stories and fan feelings.

Well, heck, whatever the newspapers and the staff can do for you just speak up...I'm sure they'll be falling all over themselves to oblige. :rolleyes:
LOL, as a consumer and fan they should be. The "fluff" pieces and "good vibe" stories are eerily similar the last umpteen years. Its been three years and the record and stories dont match. It really is that simple and no one at DONU or the press care what I think on a message board, that's the purpose of this board. The overriding sentiment is a plan presented by Mr. Stryker seems more than reasonable to entertain and employ. Some consumers and fans will see how it plays out from the staff side. Will it be rinse and repeat from the staff or show actual progress? I'll be watching. GBR

Last edited:
There tends to be a heavy dose of Huskermax flavor in the writings of some of the local sports columnists. I've often wondered if they perused the site for stories and fan feelings.

have for years IMO

they could peruse 3 or 4 main boards like HP/HMax, Rivals, some that are now defunct and get as many ideas as they need that would be “of great interest” to the fanbase and repackage/reframe it without ever referencing or needing to reference anything but “internet fan sentiment” or general fanbase angst/interest. They can go ask those questions, look smart, and at least we get the questions answered occasionally. The radio shows did too, but they finally admitted it and went full on.

if social media has taught me anything, there are ZERO original thoughts on this subject...or any popular subject. Yeah, somebody thought of it first and tweeted or posted it, but, there are 1000 others that came to the same conclusion. previously, we were all doing this in parallel

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back