• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Strong traction that PennSt OhioSt Michigan and Nebraska will all join the Big12 for the upcoming season.

if it meant we could play fall football, I’d play them every week this season - in Austin.

We can and will play football this season, without Texa$. We have a schedule, and if there are teams that can't play us due to a numbers situation, them so be it. There will be teams that can play us. WE DON'T NEED TEXA$!

Why would OSU, Michigan and Penn State take NU along with them?

Some one said that would be the Big Four of Big Ten football. Really?

And I agree that Ohio State and Michigan own the Big Ten, so why drop the conference for even one year (let alone the lucrative Big Ten Network). And the other schools in the conference? What would they do?

Makes no sense in so many ways.
What makes you think that OSU/MU/Penn State are the ones taking anyone along? Of those 4 teams, one of them has relationships with most of the Big 12.
Nebraska reps could hand out Clorox wipes to the reps from Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State after they shake hands with the Texas reps.

With reports that the Big ten is pushing for every P5 conference to mutually agree to cancel the season, this rumor has a lot more legs to it. The Big Ten wouldn’t survive without Michigan and Ohio State, so I don’t see them threatening to kick them out. If the big 12 is the one stubborn conference that still wants to play, they’d take these teams in a heart beat. Fox and ESPN would definitely pay more for this

We can and will play football this season, without Texa$. We have a schedule, and if there are teams that can't play us due to a numbers situation, them so be it. There will be teams that can play us. WE DON'T NEED TEXA$!

I'd absolutely love the Huskers playing Texas. I see the UT stadium every day out my apartment windows. The opportunity to jump on my bicycle and watch Nebraska play in Austin would be a dream come true. That said, the Horns absolutely own us. And I don't know that I'd want to deal with losing to Texas. Regardless, I give this about a 1% chance of happening.

I'd absolutely love the Huskers playing Texas. I see the UT stadium every day out my apartment windows. The opportunity to jump on my bicycle and watch Nebraska play in Austin would be a dream come true. That said, the Horns absolutely own us. And I don't know that I'd want to deal with losing to Texas. Regardless, I give this about a 1% chance of happening.

giphy.gif

With reports that the Big ten is pushing for every P5 conference to mutually agree to cancel the season, this rumor has a lot more legs to it. The Big Ten wouldn’t survive without Michigan and Ohio State, so I don’t see them threatening to kick them out. If the big 12 is the one stubborn conference that still wants to play, they’d take these teams in a heart beat. Fox and ESPN would definitely pay more for this
If Nebraska sticks with Ohio state and Michigan, there isn't much the Big 10 can do. This is starting to make sense!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back