• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Strong traction that PennSt OhioSt Michigan and Nebraska will all join the Big12 for the upcoming season.

I had added another paragraph while you were typing this. To put it on perspective.

I knew when I typed the first part we were both debating unlikely hypotheticals. But I figured what the hell I got nothing better to do. And I think you're good enough at dealing realistically in hypotheticals that it isn't a total waste of time.

I'm just typing for the sake of typing. Not much else.

I think it's a joke too, as I've said in other posts.

No player is going to want to play through April and maybe into May and then be prepping for the next season 2-3 months later. Wear and tear will be extreme. In fact, it could have significant injury impacts the following fall season as bodies were not able to get the necessary time to rest and recover. As I said in another thread, if it were me, I'd ask to redshirt in the spring if I had one available.

And as I've also said -- no player with any professional football aspirations and eligibility to declare for the draft will play college football in the spring. Not a single one.

Spring football would be a shell of what it should be. And would likely be a detriment to the following fall season. It seems likely to overlap with college basketball -- and good luck with that. The NCAA tournament is from mid-March to the Final Four during the first week of April -- and somehow we'll have college football on top of that? C'mon now. Seems like a sports fantasy -- I'll give it that.

And what makes these schools think things will be that much drastically better in the spring?

99% unlikely there would be any B1G teams JOINING the big12. However, I have to believe even the big12 has their Rutgers and Maryland's questioning their position for fall football. A more likely scenario is the two conferences sharing schedules to fill the needs of 12-16 teams combined from the two conferences

While the rumor seems incredibly unlikely, it would be pretty sweet for the big dogs in both conferences to form a super conference out of necessity. Nebraska, tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, and pick a couple more from the field would be a pretty sweet conference long term. 2020 could be the best year EVAR! :Biggrin:

The reality is, that is all we are doing on HuskerMax.

1596983719538.gif

I don't think the Big 10 would ever stand-up to Ohio state and Michigan if they wanted to do this. Plus Nebraska and Penn State would make the big 4 in the Big 10. Probably unlikely but they would conceivably come up with a tv contract on their own for 2020.

I also don't believe it. Here's why:
1. if Ohio State wants to play football, the Big 10 will play football.
2. Texas fans and sources have been notorious for spreading rumors that pump up the Texas league (Big 12).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back