• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Strong traction that PennSt OhioSt Michigan and Nebraska will all join the Big12 for the upcoming season.

Covid-19 could ,in theory, accelerate the idea of leaving the NCAA behind and restructuring the whole college football world.

Considering the NCAA is a body organized by and for the member institutions, what is stopping this from happening already? And wouldn't these newly independent member think "you know we need to task some people with making sure that all the teams play by the same rules and maintain competitiveness for both big and small schools", and then come up with an independent body with rulemaking and enforcement powers, and then basically there's another NCAA with just maybe a couple different letters in it's acronym?

So here is a rumor that the B12 might "invite" some B1G teams (the rich ones) to join them. For just a season, I guess? A permanent move makes 0 sense...

While at the same time, other sources are floating rumors that the SEC in going to play and invite other "elite" teams to join them.

So NU/UM/OSU/PSU would join the B12 while at the same time OU/Texas joins the SEC?

Interesting.

No one falsifies national championships like Alabama, but U$C is not blameless.....

Didn’t realize the 1939 title was from the Dickinson System. Weird! 2003 was more than legit though. AP titles count 100%. That’s how we got our first one in 1970.

Sam McKewon

@swmckewonOWH

Frost, Jim Harbaugh, James Franklin and Ryan Day all pretty loud today.

0behTUYo_normal.jpg

James Franklin

@coachjfranklin
I love our players & believe it is my responsibility to help them chase their dreams, both collectively & individually. I am willing to fight WITH them & for our program! #WeAre

Didn’t realize the 1939 title was from the Dickinson System. Weird! 2003 was more than legit though. AP titles count 100%. That’s how we got our first one in 1970.
Yes, but there wasn't a BCS championship game in 1970 to determine the legitimate national champion.

There's the lie that they could play in the spring that will keep NU and others in line. The other thing is if they "delay" the season that also makes it impossible for any big 10 teams to go outside the league to try to schedule games.

I'm guessing what we will hear is a delay...for now.

Last edited:
There's the lie that they could play in the spring that will keep NU and others in line. The other thing is if they "delay" the season that also makes it impossible for any big 10 teams to go outside the league to try to schedule games.

I'm guessing what we will hear is a delay...for now.
Well, NU (and others) will get around this "delay" strong-arm tactic by saying, "We understand it is only delayed, but, in the mean time, we will play football with the (insert name of any conference not named "B1G") until then. "

Well, NU (and others) will get around this "delay" strong-arm tactic by saying, "We understand it is only delayed, but, in the mean time, we will play football with the (insert name of any conference not named "B1G") until then. "
no. they won't.

Just think if Iowa and Nebraska are only teams in West to play and tOSU, Mich, and PennSt do play too. We could be the West Div winners if we beat Iowa and play for the B1G championship. Woopie!

Last edited:
Yes, but there wasn't a BCS championship game in 1970 to determine the legitimate national champion.

“Legitimate” national champion. The BCS was just something the Coaches Poll was tied to at the time. The AP Poll crowns a champion and that’s been legitimate for far longer than the BCS was around letting computers decide an Oklahoma team that lost their conference championship 35-7 should play in the natty. If you look at the span of history, the BCS was in place for over a decade while the AP poll has been crowning legitimate champions since 1936. USC was #1 in both polls. Even the coaches would’ve voted for them if they weren’t forced to vote for LSU. Spare me the “legitimate” champion routine.

Last edited:
“Legitimate” national champion. The BCS was just something the Coaches Poll was tied to at the time. The AP Poll crowns a champion and that’s been legitimate for far longer than the BCS was around letting computers decide an Oklahoma team that lost their conference championship 35-7 should play in the natty. If you look at the span of history, the BCS was in place for over a decade while the AP poll has been crowning legitimate champions since 1936. USC was #1 in both polls. Even the coaches would’ve voted for them if they weren’t forced to vote for LSU. Spare me the “legitimate” champion routine.
ohno-need-my-crying-towel-13903777.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back