• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Strength and conditioning results

Beerchamp

Must be Trumps faujlt fault
2 Year Member
Why haven't we heard the results from the spring s/c results yet? I kinda wonder if the walkons are kicking ass again!

It's always been hard for me to correlate lifting all winter and playing good football in the Fall. Some guys are really good in the gym but not so much on the grass. Doesn't mean they shouldn't lift and some have to build up their muscle strength, but beyond that, hard to get excited.

1653325435067.png

They were already released by this time last year, I think it was right around 12 May 2021.

My nephew is the world record holder for the deadlift in his weight class. A few years ago during summer conditioning, the Texas Tech coaches brought him in and had him pose as a walk-on.

Beast Mode

Anyone know why we haven't seen any Strength and Conditioning indexes out yet for 2022?

It's always been hard for me to correlate lifting all winter and playing good football in the Fall. Some guys are really good in the gym but not so much on the grass. Doesn't mean they shouldn't lift and some have to build up their muscle strength, but beyond that, hard to get excited.
The season is won during off-season conditioning. Bigger, Stronger, Faster!

Anyone know why we haven't seen any Strength and Conditioning indexes out yet for 2022?
Why share that?
It’s info we really don’t need and if we had it wouldn’t know what to do with.

Not sure I want to give opponents anything to help them scout us.

I’m sure in the grand scheme of things it might not matter if they did or didn’t share but I suspect Nick Saban doesn’t share his off season performance testing results. So why should we?

I can understand if NU doesn't want to publish their S & C results if the reason is to not let expectations get too high, as in past years. But I'd like to see some current videos to prove they are even R doing or did work outs.

If they aren't gong to list results then I'd like to see videos of strength and conditioning feats like the one from Alabama's 6'7" 360 pound O lineman.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back