• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Storm clouds over UCLA

Plague of Crickets

Where am I?
5 Year Member
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere.

It seems that the UC Regents are considering blocking UCLA's move to the Big Ten. What a mess, particularly for UCLA given its athletics debt. I wonder if the Big Ten goes to court if the UC Regents try to block the move, or if the Big Ten just lets UCLA go back to the PAC.

It sounds like from the article that UCLA won’t be blocked in the end, but I wonder if this is part of the delay in the media deal. USC may be the draw, but having them on an island alone isn’t ideal, to say the least.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere.

It seems that the UC Regents are considering blocking UCLA's move to the Big Ten. What a mess, particularly for UCLA given its athletics debt. I wonder if the Big Ten goes to court if the UC Regents try to block the move, or if the Big Ten just lets UCLA go back to the PAC.
Can you make rules effecting previous decisions? Probably not.
Shrinking your options is not always the best foot forwards or ends withbest outcomes.
Everyone assumed OU and little brother were tied at the hip too.

Sounds like they are just whipping out their D's so everyone can see how big they are. :Rolf:

Asked if he favored scrapping the deal, Leib told The Times it was “premature” to make that decision or evaluate whether other regents would support that move. Although several regents voiced concerns about the impact on the health and academic performance of athletes due to longer travel times, Leib said they could be mitigated. The use of more charter flights, for instance, would be less strenuous than commercial flights, he said.

I'm not a fan of UCLA and USC joining the Big Ten. I know I'm woefully out of touch, but I don't like the super-conference concept. I still miss the days of the Big 8 when we played everyone every year. I think a conference means more if you are playing rivals in roughly the same geography. I understand that college football is changing and that we can't turn back the clock, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it.

Last edited:

I read that Cal's regents had a meeting where one thought they could just "will" themselves into the Big Ten, and another was proposing they drop down to D-III.

Gotta love politicians and university mucky-mucks trying to understand the concept of big time college athletics.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back