• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stoltenberg retires from football – as a player at least

husker6

Huskers Rising
10 Year Member
https://247sports.com/college/nebra...Stoltenberg-wont-pursue-NFL-career-127606214/

So it was only posted 2 hours ago but if I missed it I feel bad that I did.
OMAHA–– Mick Stoltenberg wants to continue a career in football. Only now his pursuit will be in coaching, not playing.

His body let him know it was wise to lean this way, and not pursue a pro career between the lines.

“After kind of sitting down with trainers and doctors, I kind of decided to hang it up. That was the best decision for me,” the former Husker said on Wednesday at the Outland Award banquet, where leading Husker seniors were also recognized.

Last edited:

Best wishes for him. Undoubtedly a difficult and disappointing decision to have to make.

I’ve learned that often times we find that there’s different dreams at the end of the path we were really meant to take.

Last edited:
Hope he finds success at whatever he decides to in the future. No one can ever question he wasn't 100% Husker and always will be....... Best of luck Nick.....

Not surprised. Best of luck, Mick. I would almost say he should have hung it up during the season. Two more surgeries in the fall with rehab and then getting back on the field?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back