• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker - DE/OLB

Yeah, I know...but to put it in perspective, according to 247, he is their 7th best recruit of all time........he would of been our 4th......4th best recruit in this class......so he will play but not win much.......they will try to go 4-8 while NU will get better, and better, and better..........so,yeah it isn't good not getting him but we will be fine.

I can't begrudge a kid for making the difficult decision he feels is best for him. It sounds like he was close to his coach who KU hired. Sometimes that trust means more than old history or subjective potential team success.

I can't begrudge a kid for making the difficult decision he feels is best for him. It sounds like he was close to his coach who KU hired. Sometimes that trust means more than old history or subjective potential team success.

I agree and the reason he went to KU is exactly for the bolded reason. One of his HS coaches, who was at TT and recruited him there who then was hired at KU.

Big loss. OLB and CB will be problems for years to come. They may want to consider changing to a 4-3, given their recruiting challenges with OLB. It's such an important position for a 3-4 scheme.

OLB room would look a lot different if we had closed on JJB (damn snowstorm) last year and Jordan and/or Parker this year... but we didn't.

Fisher can't seem to get any traction with true CBs but does well with Safeties and hybrid DBs.

Big loss. OLB and CB will be problems for years to come. They may want to consider changing to a 4-3, given their recruiting challenges with OLB. It's such an important position for a 3-4 scheme.

Wasn't one of the rationales given for changing to the 3-4 was that great defensive linemen were too hard to find?

Wasn't one of the rationales given for changing to the 3-4 was that great defensive linemen were too hard to find?
And there it is... heard for a decade that we needed to switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 "because elite DL are tough to recruit", "Suh's don't grow on trees", etc. Now we are in a 3-4 and it's OLB creating the problem (throw NG in there). Bottom line is, that's just what we are missing right now. We were able to get in on guys like Maleik Collins, Avery Moss, and other DL late. We were able to have Tannor and Jean-Baptiste verballed last year.

I do get a chuckle out of the "3-4 not working gotta go 4-3" talk tho.

They are hard to pull out of the South. You can find them, you just can't get them to leave there.
Completely get what you are saying... my glass is half full counter to that is we had Luke Gifford from Lincoln, Nebraska earning honorable mention All-Conference honors after just one season in this offense and finally healthy. I'm not saying Luke Gifford's are what are missing, but it's doing a disservice to him if we poo-poo what he accomplished in 2018. If we had two Luke Gifford's returning, people wouldn't be worried about that position for 2019, and he lived 10 miles from Memorial Stadium.

Hot take: Tyrin Ferguson 2nd team all-conference if he is able to start every game this year.

Completely get what you are saying... my glass is half full counter to that is we had Luke Gifford from Lincoln, Nebraska earning honorable mention All-Conference honors after just one season in this offense and finally healthy. I'm not saying Luke Gifford's are what are missing, but it's doing a disservice to him if we poo-poo what he accomplished in 2018. If we had two Luke Gifford's returning, people wouldn't be worried about that position for 2019, and he lived 10 miles from Memorial Stadium.

Hot take: Tyrin Ferguson 2nd team all-conference if he is able to start every game this year.
Speaking of Ferguson...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back