• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker - DE/OLB

Agreed. Doesn't look like Bland will end up in this class.

In the video RR posted of Parker Gabriel and Sipple discussing the class, Gabriel discussed the greyshirt idea so they could push past 30 but said it's unlikely because the staff does not want to take away spots from the 2020 class, as it looks like we're in on some big time prospects for next year.

Some analysts still like us for Jamel Starks out of Georgia. He could be our final DB if we're unable to sway DJ James our way.

With Gates and Mills we are at 26 signed- MAX of 30 so only 4 left. i think they want in this order:
Parker
Njoku
James
and will take 1 more which would be Bivens or Mao.

Do you offer Bivens a Grey shirt to enroll next Jan- but i am not sure how many spots we will have next year (only 16 seniors) and most of the ships will be FR/SO so maybe some will wash out but not expecting a class over 20-21 next year.

I was actually just thinking about the Grey Shirt idea the other day with Bivens. I think attrition will get the 2020 class back into the 20's, especially with the +3 Frost will always take advantage of. This staff knows they have gained traction with several top guys on their board already, they'll want to take advantage of another class in the 22-25 range next year.

Keep reading on facebook about our interest in Demariyon Houston. Seems like a fall back option if we miss on others. Ngoku seems like the guy we want from what I read here

I was actually just thinking about the Grey Shirt idea the other day with Bivens. I think attrition will get the 2020 class back into the 20's, especially with the +3 Frost will always take advantage of. This staff knows they have gained traction with several top guys on their board already, they'll want to take advantage of another class in the 22-25 range next year.

I'm just happy we finally have a staff the maximizes each class out. Too often Solich, Pelini, and Riley left classes less than full. Pelini especially was bad about leaving scholarships on the table. It really puts you at a disadvantage.

I really like Bivens...as I've said a hundred times, but if there is only one scholly remaining, and its between Bivens or Mao, I'm taking Mao as that is a greater need.

I really like Bivens...as I've said a hundred times, but if there is only one scholly remaining, and its between Bivens or Mao, I'm taking Mao as that is a greater need.

If they took Parker, Njoku, and Pola-Mao and had one open spot ... who would you take?

DJ James / Jamel Starks?
Houston?
Bivens?

or leave it open for a Grad Transfer as N2FL mentioned in another thread?

Last edited:
If they took Parker, Njoku, and Pola-Mao and had one open spot ... who would you take?

DJ James / Jamel Starks?
Houston?
Bivens?

Without a doubt, I'd take James

Last edited:

DJ James / Jamel Starks?
Houston?
Bivens?

A grad transfer will come from attrition. I think they fill this class with the guys on the board. James might be leaning toward Oregon. The staff takes the best one of the three in their eyes.

A grad transfer will come from attrition. I think they fill this class with the guys on the board. James might be leaning toward Oregon. The staff takes the best one of the three in their eyes.

Would they need to count that grad transfer forward to the next class then?

Without a doubt, I'd take James

Agreed. I saw a South Carolina insider put in a CB for DJ James today to Oregon. Had a couple to Oregon, but I don't know much about him. Maybe he's throwing darts, maybe not. I really liked how Jamel Starks looked on film though and wouldn't mind having him if DJ James chooses elsewhere.

not to mention let's keep that family happy. Lot of talent there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back