• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker - DE/OLB

In terms of who we want those 6 to be, does the general consensus go something like:

1. Noa Pola-Gates
2. Matthew Pola-Mao
3. DJ James
4. Steven Parker
5. Charles Njoku (or Houston)
6. John Bivens

Not necessarily in that order. Thoughts?

That's exactly it. If I was going to put an order -

1. Noa Pola-Gates
2. Steven Parker
3. Matthew Pola-Mao
4. Charles Njoku
5. DJ James or Jamel Starks
6. John Bivens

That's exactly it. If I was going to put an order -

1. Noa Pola-Gates
2. Steven Parker
3. Matthew Pola-Mao
4. Charles Njoku
5. DJ James or Jamel Starks
6. John Bivens

I like your order. I think one thing that's gotten lost in the talk about needing help at OLB, DB, and WR is that we don't have a true NT to develop behind Daniels, who will be a RSo in 2019. Piper is a little undersized to be a run stopping plug in the middle and we struck out last year missing out on Bryson Williams, losing Mapieu to academics, and losing Ottito to UCLA. I was surprised NT wasn't more of an emphasis this year but Pola-Mao is a great prospect to give 2-3 years of development time to.

Except do we take either starks or James or both? Do we take only one then Bivens?

Last edited:
Except do we take either starks or James or both? Do we take only one then Bivens?

From what I've read from multiple sites and then the guys here who are dialed in on the recruiting business, it sounds like only two more DBs, which would be Pola-Gates + 1. I'm very interested to see how this class rounds out, but I think we're all going to be very pleased with how it looks.

I like your order. I think one thing that's gotten lost in the talk about needing help at OLB, DB, and WR is that we don't have a true NT to develop behind Daniels, who will be a RSo in 2019. Piper is a little undersized to be a run stopping plug in the middle and we struck out last year missing out on Bryson Williams, losing Mapieu to academics, and losing Ottito to UCLA. I was surprised NT wasn't more of an emphasis this year but Pola-Mao is a great prospect to give 2-3 years of development time to.
You have Darrion Daniel's, followed by his brother and then Mao as a developmental guy. You can also stop gap with C. Davis as well.

Think he meant that after this year, the only NG is Damion Daniels.
It is unfortunate that the previous staff ignored Bryson Williams.
Maybe I did get confused as he said we won't have a "true" nose guard to develop. I consider Mao exactly that and by bringing in Darrion, you provide an added layer of depth to develop Mao without rushing him. But I do get his overall premise of being thin at the position.

And wholeheartedly agree on the William's miss by FHCMR

Last edited:
With Gates and Mills we are at 26 signed- MAX of 30 so only 4 left. i think they want in this order:
Parker
Njoku
James
and will take 1 more which would be Bivens or Mao.

Do you offer Bivens a Grey shirt to enroll next Jan- but i am not sure how many spots we will have next year (only 16 seniors) and most of the ships will be FR/SO so maybe some will wash out but not expecting a class over 20-21 next year.

23 signed early... plus Mills (24) & Gates (25)... so believe there's spots for five more - Bland throws the count off, as he's committed (soft?) - but unsigned.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back