• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steve Winwood

goodnterribles

Optics and Kool Aid
10 Year Member
I was listening to some Traffic on satellite radio this morning and it made me think: has anyone had a more interesting music career than Steve Winwood? As a young kid, he's the lead singer of a blues band like Spencer Davis Group. Then goes on to be the lead man in a psychedelic band like Traffic. Then does a collaboration with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker in Blind Faith. And finally, comes back with a solo career that is pop music.
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone who had success in such drastically different musical styles.

I was listening to some Traffic on satellite radio this morning and it made me think: has anyone had a more interesting music career than Steve Winwood? As a young kid, he's the lead singer of a blues band like Spencer Davis Group. Then goes on to be the lead man in a psychedelic band like Traffic. Then does a collaboration with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker in Blind Faith. And finally, comes back with a solo career that is pop music.
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone who had success in such drastically different musical styles.

I saw Steve Winwood in concert in the mid 80's. Was only doing his pop solo work. It was good, but I wish he would have done some of his other stuff. Axs TV will show a concert he did in about 2015 or so that is him doing all his older stuff. His back up band is basically a bunch of jazz musicians. It is very good. I would love to go see him in that type of a show.

Ive feltthe same for a long time.
When he came out with higher love, he separated himself.
Another not thought of is Neil Sedaka

…And the man in the suit has just bought a new car
From the profits he's made on your dreams…

Last edited:

Dude could sing, and he could own the white-man-dancing schtick like he created it. "Bring Me a Higher Love" is still a great song.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back