• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steve Calhoun on Lee.

3500 for the season is right at 292 a game, which is a lot. But, if 70-80 yards of that is stuff to RB swing passes and screens that is almost like running the ball.

If Tanner Lee puts up the numbers he is talking about, I think we are talking about a minimum 9 win season.
I'd agree if his passing game forces defenses away from stacking the los which should open up the run game. If the Huskers develop a serious running attack with a back opponents respect it could be a special season.
Huskers haven't had a running back opposing defenses fear since Abdullah.

The only thing about the article that seems a little disappointing is Calhoun's predicted completion rate for Lee. I'd think low 60s would be Riley's minimum expectation!

The only thing about the article that seems a little disappointing is Calhoun's predicted completion rate for Lee. I'd think low 60s would be Riley's minimum expectation!
Anything above 60 would be awesome, considering our history. And if Calhoun is low on his prediction and Lee gets into the mid- to high-60s, that's just oh-so-sweet gravy on top.

I'm ignoring past history as a predictor of future results. We haven't had this kind of Quarterback in Years (nor supporting cast). :)

Over 3,500 passing yards is a bit of a stretch I would think especially with Riley and Langs claiming they want balance between the run and pass.... unless of course we also put up 3,500 yds rushing.:cool: GBR
you know what, I think I could learn to live with that...

Over 3,500 passing yards is a bit of a stretch I would think especially with Riley and Langs claiming they want balance between the run and pass.... unless of course we also put up 3,500 yds rushing.:cool: GBR
The "balance" they are talking about is in number of plays, not yardage...that won't be close.

Not necessarily, it depends on how often they able able to go long for big plays. If they are able to complete a lot of long balls, Lee's overall percentage will be lower even though the passing game is more effective. If we don't prove to be able to go long often, it will likely mean a higher percentage of completions, because of more short passes.

Last edited:

I'd be curious if Calhoun is predicting lower completion % due to a young offensive line's ability or lack thereof to protect and prevent QB dump offs to the sideline to avoid the sack.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back