• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stepp? Morrison?

It’s situational & you go with the hot hand…who is likely hot because he’s doing most things right. No question that’s been Johnson. Hell, OU just started to give the ball to their best back - Kennedy Brooks - over the last few games. It happens.

Most NFL teams use 3 running backs these days. Just wish we would balance the load a little with these guys. R. Johnson had a great game and has been having a solid season. Would love see a different guy in short yardage (Yant, Stepp) and perhaps see Morrison get 6 or 7 carries a game.

What in the world happened to Marvin Scott? Frost loved him last year but this year has completely disappeared. The kid loves the weight room, so I seriously doubt hard work is an issue. I liked his style to be honest. It was so hard to tell though with the poor Oline play when he was getting carries.

I like the Johnson kid. He is a good back. I think, if he stays healthy, he can do some really good things here down the road.
Agree I like Johnson...fits this offense well. Great speed, good hands, but not overly powerful. Great guy to have in most situations. But not an every down guy, which is not a knock on the guy. He's talented in his own right.

What in the world happened to Marvin Scott? Frost loved him last year but this year has completely disappeared. The kid loves the weight room, so I seriously doubt hard work is an issue. I liked his style to be honest. It was so hard to tell though with the poor Oline play when he was getting carries.
I suspect Scott, while an able straight ahead runner, lacks shake, and if he falls as far as he has, probably not terrific at pass pro. Competition has stiffened.

The answer to that question is everyone makes their judgement on whose good in part by what they read in the media. Stepp was suppose to be great because we all saw USC on his label, just like we did the DB from OSU who transfered and is even with a true frosh for 4th team right now.
Or in Morrison, we see he broke records in Oklahoma we think hes great. But neither of those 2 guys IMO have looked anything but OK when i've seen them play. Frost wants to win worse than we do, if they were difference makers theyd be in the game.
Johnson is damn good. Hits the hole faster than any back we have, is by far the best out of the backfield, and he blocks like a stud both in the pass game and running game. Id like to see Yant a little more to compliment him, but he made 2 cruicial errors in the game and Im guessing he makes mistakes in practice too and hes just not gotten to where hes ready for big time minutes just yet as a true frosh

I should add that johnson rise is a good thing. It shows clearly to the whole team that if you are way back in the depth chart but work hard and show up great in practice..........you arent stuck in that spot. Kids closer to the end of the depth chart need to see that hard work pays off, that you can earn a spot even if you didnt at first.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back