• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stepp Enters Portal

RB room is definitely full with a lot of talent. He saw the writing on the wall so best of luck to him.
It wasn’t long ago that we assumed this guy was the real deal and he didn’t hit the transfer portal to go somewhere he was going to sit. I hope you’re right but when will we learn to quit assuming we have all this talent? Last I checked I don’t think we have a returning back with more than 450 or so yards.

This makes sense for all parties. Stepp has 1 or 2 years of eligibility left, and he was unlikely to get much playing time here. Maybe he can find a Group of 5 or FCS opportunity.

I was excited when he arrived here from USC, but injuries and perhaps some other factors reduced him to being a marginal contributor.

Well, I guess it was bound to happen we'd lose some of these guys. That RB room is pretty jammed-packed. Will be excited to see who emerges as the next LP or Ahman Green!!
I'd settle for a Rick Berns or a Devine Ozigbo right about now. Point being, I'd love to see an LP or AG emerge, but I'd settle for a really solid dude who is not necessarily in their category.

It wasn’t long ago that we assumed this guy was the real deal and he didn’t hit the transfer portal to go somewhere he was going to sit. I hope you’re right but when will we learn to quit assuming we have all this talent? Last I checked I don’t think we have a returning back with more than 450 or so yards.

All very true, I think Stepp had a big problem staying healthy. You take a chance on guys that have a lot of talent but are injury prone and hope they become less injury prone. Fidone could end up being that type of guy also. Sometimes it does workout. JoJo Dohman was basically injured for his first 2 years in college and he got over it.

I think there is talent there but maybe not the Abdullah Burkhead combo.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back