• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steaks

Some of the best steak seasoning I've used lately is Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning and vegetable oil. Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of your favorite steak (the higher quality cut the better), put some vegetable oil on each side, then place in a plastic freezer bag for at least several hours in the refrigerator (or even overnight). Bring to room temperature before cooking.

Salt and pepper and the vegetable (or canola) oil works will too. But I like the seasoning of the Weber product better.

Some of the best steak seasoning I've used lately is Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning and vegetable oil. Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of your favorite steak (the higher quality cut the better), put some vegetable oil on each side, then place in a plastic freezer bag for at least several hours in the refrigerator (or even overnight). Bring to room temperature before cooking.

Salt and pepper and the vegetable (or canola) oil works will too. But I like the seasoning of the Weber product better.
Hmmm,i will try that

Medium Rare, over charcoal, reverse seared, with Montreal Steak Seasoning liberally sprinkled on both sides. While the steaks are coming to room temp, I slice mushrooms & onions, and saute them in my cast iron skillet, with a cup of sodium free chicken stock until the mushrooms are well cooked, and the onions are about gone, then I add a head of garlic, finely diced, to give it another level of flavor. Of course, the baked potatoes are cooked on the grates as well, pulled as I go for the sear, so they can rest and cool a little. Then, once the steaks have rested, the mushrooms go on top of the potatoes & also get eaten with each bite of steak.

Medium Rare, over charcoal, reverse seared, with Montreal Steak Seasoning liberally sprinkled on both sides. While the steaks are coming to room temp, I slice mushrooms & onions, and saute them in my cast iron skillet, with a cup of sodium free chicken stock until the mushrooms are well cooked, and the onions are about gone, then I add a head of garlic, finely diced, to give it another level of flavor. Of course, the baked potatoes are cooked on the grates as well, pulled as I go for the sear, so they can rest and cool a little. Then, once the steaks have rested, the mushrooms go on top of the potatoes & also get eaten with each bite of steak.
That sounds fantastic!

Everything here except the Montreal seasoning. It's never been one of my faves. I use white and cayenne pepper with garlic on my steaks, the garlic works wonders on a piece of beef.

Medium to rare depending on the marble, but what I order from a restaurant doesn't necessarily match what the picture shows!

NY Strips or Ribeyes 1.25" / 1.50" thick. Rest at room temp, sprinkle with sea salt and then "Food For The Southern Soul" Black Jack BBQ Dry Rub. (Awesome stuff).
dry-rub.jpg

Grill set to 450 and sear both sides, and then cook to medium rare. Finish with a glob of garlic butter and skillet potatoes.

Team with grilled asparagus spears, garlic bread and a great red wine (preferably sangiovese, montepulciano or cab).

Perfect! Montreal Steak Seasoning is one of my favorites. Either rare or medium-rare works for me!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back