• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

States that produce the most CFB All Americans

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member

In the 2019 recruiting cycle, Texas, Florida, California and Georgia combined to produce 47 percent of the four and five-star recruits in the country, according to 247Sports. Each of those four states churned out at least 40 blue-chip high school players in the current 2019 recruiting class.

I looked at our 2019 CFB TEAM Talent Composite [#24] from above link to see how many recruits we have from the top producing states. Here is what I found:

Texas: 6 [Jaimes, Daniels x 2, Neal, Banks x 2] 2 Seniors
Florida: 6 [Williams x 2, Bootle, Clark, Przystup, Davis] 2 Seniors
California: 3 [Dismuke, Jackson, Martinez] 1 Senior -
M. Washington is still on our roster!
Georgia: 7 [Farmer, Barry, Thompkins, Tanner, Newsom, Shurtleff, Mills] 1 Senior

We have 68 Nebraska men on our roster! 5 from Iowa. 10 from Colorado. 5 from Missouri.

We have 20 Four star athletes on our 247 roster, 4 are seniors; [L Jackson, Lee, Daniels, Anderson].

2020 Class state breakdown:
Florida: 7 [Greene, Lynum, Delancy, Scott, Gray, Fleming, Francois]
Texas: 2 [Nixon, Omar]
Calif: 1 [Clements]
Georgia: 1 [Black]
Other states: Neb, Iowa, Kansas, Okla., S.D., New Mexico. Ala., Samoa,
Connecticut

Current recruiting class: [10 four stars]: Corcoran, Betts, Green, Gray, Fleming, Francois, Manning, Smothers, Morrison, Brown.

NU Offers:

Last edited:

Well, with 20 4* athletes on our roster we are not as far behind the rest of the Top 15 as I thought. I believe that Ohio St has 59 4* & 5* players but that is top tier. Hopefully the majority of our top talent are lower classmen who will develop.

Colleges most represented on 2019 NFL rosters - NU = 20

Last edited:

2020 NU Recruiting Breakdown
Florida (7), Alabama (2), Kansas (2), Texas (2), California (1), Georgia (1), Illinois (1), Iowa (1), Nebraska (1), North Carolina (1), Oklahoma (1), South Dakota (1), Tennessee (1), Virginia (1)

Last edited:
Well, with 20 4* athletes on our roster we are not as far behind the rest of the Top 15 as I thought. I believe that Ohio St has 59 4* & 5* players but that is top tier. Hopefully the majority of our top talent are lower classmen who will develop.

I think one of the things that separates teams like OSU, Clemson, Alabama, ect from others isn't just the number of four stars but the number of the top tier of guys - true difference makers. Of course great players can come from under the radar but how many top 100, top 50, top 25 guys have we signed? We're making some headway there it seems the last couple of classes but so many of those guys are all going to the same few schools now.

IMO I think when you get down to players ranked over 200 - 250, whether someone gets one of the latter four star tags vs falling just outside of that can be a little arbitrary. If you look at our average player grades it's usually in the 87 - 88 range in the composite ratings. The last couple years have been over 88. But many of the other Big Ten West classes are now averaging 85 to 87 or more. Not that big of a gap really. Nothing like a Clemson or Alabama having a rating of almost 94. I know it's all just assigned numbers but there's nothing arbitrary about a lot of the kids that those schools are landing every cycle who are unmistakably gifted with tools that could potentially allow them to be future first day draft picks. You can recognize it right away. There really aren't all that many of those guys out there.

Of the past 10 classes, there were zero ESPN top 100 players from the state of Nebraska. ZERO.

That stat really bums me the texas out

In the 2019 recruiting cycle, Texas, Florida, California and Georgia combined to produce 47 percent of the four and five-star recruits in the country, according to 247Sports. Each of those four states churned out at least 40 blue-chip high school players in the current 2019 recruiting class.

I looked at our 2019 CFB TEAM Talent Composite [#24] from above link to see how many recruits we have from the top producing states. Here is what I found:

Georgia: 7 [Farmer, Barry, Thompkins, Tanner, Newsom, Shurtleff, Mills] 1 Senior

We have 68 Nebraska men on our roster! 5 from Iowa. 10 from Colorado. 5 from Missouri.

We have 20 Four star athletes on our 247 roster, 4 are seniors; [L Jackson, Lee, Daniels, Anderson].

Connecticut

Current recruiting class: [10 four stars]: Corcoran, Betts, Green, Gray, Fleming, Francois, Manning, Smothers, Morrison, Brown.

NU Offers:
Thanks for taking the time to post this. very informative!!

Connecticut

NU Offers:

I missed this when you first posted it, so I came across this thread for the first time today while going through threads in the Recruiting forum. Thanks for going to all the trouble to post all of this. It's interesting stuff.

The states with the slimmest history of college football talent production

"Here’s how long it’s been since all 50 states and the District of Columbia had recruits rated two, three, four, and five stars on the industry-consensus
247Sports Composite

This list runs back to 2000, the start of the Composite era. At the bottom of the table, you’ll see a list of the 16 states that had five-stars and everything else in the 2020 class."

Nebraska at #14, from the bottom.

"Iowa’s consistency despite a lack of in-state blue-chip talent is worth calling out, too. It’s easy to forget how hard it is to find good players in Iowa, because the Hawkeyes have found ways to do it for so long. The same statement’s true for Wisconsin, which hasn’t had a five-star come out of its own state since 2007."

"Another way to measure a state’s potency as a recruiting pipeline is just to count up the four- and five-star players.

Florida, Texas, and California are historically the leaders in that count every year, but Georgia has finally overtaken California to join the top three in 2020."

All 50 states and D.C., ranked by 2020 blue-chip recruits

Blue-chip recruits by state, 2016-2020

State
Blue-chips
Total share
Florida
14.5%
Texas
13.8%
California
11.6%
Georgia
9.8%
Louisiana
4.3%
North Carolina
3.5%
Alabama
3.5%
Ohio
3.3%
Maryland
2.9%
Tennessee
2.9%

247 Sports Composite

That means 70% of the sport’s blue-chip recruits have come from one of these states. Hope you’re close to one of them!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back