• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

State Basketball Tournament - Charlie Easley ('N')

Scoob N Lincoln

Recruit
5 Year Member
The Nebraska boys state basketball tournament starts next week. If you get a chance watch Charlie Easley from Pius. He recently became Pius' all time leading scorer. He's the kid that usually scores 20 + points and is the most unselfish player you will see. Watch all the tipped balls and steals he gets along with easy assists for his teammates. Before last years state tournament I mentioned to a handful of people to watch him. After the tournament they all told me he was the best player in the tourney. He's 6' 1" so the college offers have been limited but I am confident he can play D1. Think Mike Gesell that played at Iowa.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum. Didn't know where to put it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nebraska boys state basketball tournament starts next week. If you get a chance watch Charlie Easley from Pius. He recently became Pius' all time leading scorer. He's the kid that usually scores 20 + points and is the most unselfish player you will see. Watch all the tipped balls and steals he gets along with easy assists for his teammates. Before last years state tournament I mentioned to a handful of people to watch him. After the tournament they all told me he was the best player in the tourney. He's 6' 1" so the college offers have been limited but I am confident he can play D1. Think Mike Gesell that played at Iowa.

Excellent. There's a basketball forum, which is probably a good place to put this, but everyone over there is depressed or worse.

Looks like NET will be streaming the championship games, maybe more. Their site looks a little out of date. http://netnebraska.org/basic-page/sports/sports

Easley had a great start in yesterdays game. He hit his first seven shots, four of which were three-pointers. He had 20 points at half. Tough match up today against a really good Skutt team. Tyson Gordon for Skutt is really good. The Easley vs Gordon match up should be fun to watch.

I never seen Easley play and do not know him whatsoever ... I suspect you're right that he's very good and collegiate material but I think people see a super athletic high schooler and think it will be that way in college. At Iowa or Lincoln or Brookings SD every kid there is super athletic. Things that appear easy in high school go away because he's playing against just as athletic and just as skilled players ... and now he's 6'1" going up against 6'5" and 6'6" kids.

Not diminishing him at all ... never seen him play its just that its easy to look good when you're the most athletic guy every game on the court. Colleges are not missing on him by accident.

I never seen Easley play and do not know him whatsoever ... I suspect you're right that he's very good and collegiate material but I think people see a super athletic high schooler and think it will be that way in college. At Iowa or Lincoln or Brookings SD every kid there is super athletic. Things that appear easy in high school go away because he's playing against just as athletic and just as skilled players ... and now he's 6'1" going up against 6'5" and 6'6" kids.

Not diminishing him at all ... never seen him play its just that its easy to look good when you're the most athletic guy every game on the court. Colleges are not missing on him by accident.

I know the family. Good kid.

Charlie is Pius X’s career scoring leader, averages 22.8 points per game while shooting 55 percent inside the three-point arc, 47 percent from beyond it and 87 percent at the free-throw line.
Charlies also leads the team in rebounds (5.7 per game), assists (4.0 per game) and steals (3.1 per game).

He is currently uncommitted, but is getting interest from Idaho and Incarnate Word in addition to scholarship offers from The Citadel (Division I), Nebraska-Kearney and Rockhurst, and an invitation to walk on at Nebraska.

I know the family. Good kid.

Charlie is Pius X’s career scoring leader, averages 22.8 points per game while shooting 55 percent inside the three-point arc, 47 percent from beyond it and 87 percent at the free-throw line.
Charlies also leads the team in rebounds (5.7 per game), assists (4.0 per game) and steals (3.1 per game).

He is currently uncommitted, but is getting interest from Idaho and Incarnate Word in addition to scholarship offers from The Citadel (Division I), Nebraska-Kearney and Rockhurst, and an invitation to walk on at Nebraska.
I played for Pius in 1972. Even played at the old coliseum.

I assume he is George Easley's Grandson and if so George has been responsible for a lot of Pius X athletes. George played football for the golden domers. Great guy and great family.

Just tell him to wait two more games, maybe three, before deciding. He just may get a scholarship offer from the HUSKERS new coach. :Rockon:
I hope this kid does not get an offer. NU needs a couple of 275 pound, 6’ 11” All American centers. We have enough little players.

I hope this kid does not get an offer. NU needs a couple of 275 pound, 6’ 11” All American centers. We have enough little players.

I know what you're saying but with the "right" coaching he may turn out to be what we need. I remember a player a few years back; Nate "Tiny" Archibald who seemed to be a pretty good player under the "right coaches." I'm not saying he'll turn out like Nate but one never knows for sure, until... :)

Anyway, I'm more interested who the new coach will be, and then things will take care of themselves; one way or another. :eek: :Biggrin:

I assume he is George Easley's Grandson and if so George has been responsible for a lot of Pius X athletes. George played football for the golden domers. Great guy and great family.
As Lincolnites know, you can't swing a dead cat in this town without hitting an Easley.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back