• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Starlink

Huskerfan69

Travel Squad
2 Year Member
Does HMax have any beta testers? I have seen some you tube videos with speed tests around 100 mbps, with the promise of 1 gbps in the future. The closest tester I have heard about was in Idaho.

I've looked at it, but it is not cost effective for me. I can get better speeds for a lower monthly cost and without having to buy $500 worth of rooftop gear. It would be worth it thought if one lived in the middle of nowhere.

I've looked at it, but it is not cost effective for me. I can get better speeds for a lower monthly cost and without having to buy $500 worth of rooftop gear. It would be worth it thought if one lived in the middle of nowhere.

For me, it would be a major step up. My current wireless isp can only offer me 25mbps at $100 a month, but I live in the country.

My ISP is very good, but that much money for that slow of speed is pathetic.

Last edited:
For me, it would be a major step up. My current wireless isp can only offer me 25mbps at $100 a month, but I live in the country.

My ISP is very good, but that much money for that slow of speed is pathetic.
How does one become a beta tester? I'd like to look into that. Thinking about selling all my worldly possessions, buying a nice RV, and living out of it. Starlink would allow me to keep my job.

Does HMax have any beta testers? I have seen some you tube videos with speed tests around 100 mbps, with the promise of 1 gbps in the future. The closest tester I have heard about was in Idaho.

If you need to use a VPN to connect to anything you should check to ensure it will work. My wife and I both work from home and connect to our clients over VPN. A while back I was looking to buy some land in the country and use satellite internet but found out our VPN's didn't work well with a Satellite connection because of the extra lag. I don't know if it's still an issue but you might want to check if you require VPN connectivity.

got an email this week for beta testing Starlink.. got my order in, should be getting it very soon.

I have yet to see one person say that it was a mistake getting it. The download speeds are, during heavy snow, 30-40 mbps to cloudy day 150+ mbps.. sunny days are about the same as cloudy. Ping on snowy days was 40 and less, depending. normal days ping is a lot less.

according to the video this download speed was during a heavy snow fall.

Attachments

• starlink.PNG
    starlink.PNG
    155.6 KB · Views: 120
I ordered two units for two of our sites on Monday. It's available in our latitude in NE.

Last edited:

got an email this week for beta testing Starlink.. got my order in, should be getting it very soon.

I have yet to see one person say that it was a mistake getting it. The download speeds are, during heavy snow, 30-40 mbps to cloudy day 150+ mbps.. sunny days are about the same as cloudy. Ping on snowy days was 40 and less, depending. normal days ping is a lot less.

according to the video this download speed was during a heavy snow fall.
I'm impressed by the reported latency. I just wish we could get IPv4 public IP's.

starlink is set up in a temp location, until the pipe adapter is shipped. Right now high is 150mbps low is 48mbps.. I seem to be level off closer to 110mbps, that is 4 times faster than my current provider

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back