• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Starlink

Huskerfan69

Red Shirt
Does HMax have any beta testers? I have seen some you tube videos with speed tests around 100 mbps, with the promise of 1 gbps in the future. The closest tester I have heard about was in Idaho.

BigRedAvenger

Poster of Substance
5 Year Member
I've looked at it, but it is not cost effective for me. I can get better speeds for a lower monthly cost and without having to buy $500 worth of rooftop gear. It would be worth it thought if one lived in the middle of nowhere.

Huskerfan69

Red Shirt
I've looked at it, but it is not cost effective for me. I can get better speeds for a lower monthly cost and without having to buy $500 worth of rooftop gear. It would be worth it thought if one lived in the middle of nowhere.
For me, it would be a major step up. My current wireless isp can only offer me 25mbps at $100 a month, but I live in the country.

My ISP is very good, but that much money for that slow of speed is pathetic.

Last edited:

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Here I sit, broken hearted...
5 Year Member
For me, it would be a major step up. My current wireless isp can only offer me 25mbps at $100 a month, but I live in the country.

My ISP is very good, but that much money for that slow of speed is pathetic.
How does one become a beta tester? I'd like to look into that. Thinking about selling all my worldly possessions, buying a nice RV, and living out of it. Starlink would allow me to keep my job.

RedStones

Self Quarantined b4 it was Cool
5 Year Member
Does HMax have any beta testers? I have seen some you tube videos with speed tests around 100 mbps, with the promise of 1 gbps in the future. The closest tester I have heard about was in Idaho.
If you need to use a VPN to connect to anything you should check to ensure it will work. My wife and I both work from home and connect to our clients over VPN. A while back I was looking to buy some land in the country and use satellite internet but found out our VPN's didn't work well with a Satellite connection because of the extra lag. I don't know if it's still an issue but you might want to check if you require VPN connectivity.