• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Star wars?

Saw Rise of Skywalker last night. It was pretty good, far better than The Last Jedi. I'd be willing to see it again.

FB_IMG_1576985571815.jpg

Saw the movie this weekend. There was a lot that I liked, and a lot that I disliked. It was a very well made movie, with a good story, a great cast, and top notch special effects. It however took too many liberties to be a good "Star Wars" movie in my opinion. In the defense of Jar-Jar Abrams, he had to climb out of some of the holes Rian Johnson dug, but that doesn't excuse everything. In my opinion, a very poor ending for a movie billed as the conclusion of the "Skywalker Saga".

#1. Since when can Force ghosts interact with the living world? Are they implying that Obi-Wan and Yoda could have been helping this entire time and were just too lazy?
#2. Since when can the force be used to heal the dying and raise the dead?
#3. Since when can the force be used to teleport physical objects across the galaxy?
#4. This one is a minor gripe, but the emperor is still alive? And secretly running a massive shipbuilding project, to build the largest and most powerful fleet the galaxy has ever seen? Where did he get all of those workers and manufacturing resources without anyone noticing? That requires a pretty big suspension of disbelief, but it is a space movie.

These movies were, in the words of George Lucas, the saga of the Skywalker family. Yet this movie relegates all of their contributions to the story to supporting roles. Their actions simply supported Rey in her quest to save the galaxy. None of their stories really mattered. In the end, Rey did it all on her own.

Just saw the movie. Will have to watch it again, but I really enjoyed it. There were things I was hoping would go differently, but Abrams did a really nice job, especially considering Johnson left him almost nowhere to go with the story after Episode 8.

Last edited:

Damn...
This is cool

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back