• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Star wars?

Well, at the company holiday dinner party today, they gave everyone ticket vouchers for the movie next Friday, so I guess I will be going to see it.

I will be sharing my disappointment afterwards...

They need to give the keys to Star Wars to Jon Favreau. After ruining Star Trek, I have no idea why they thought bringing in JJ Abrams would be a good idea. Then Rian Johnson said "hold my beer".

Isn't there a new movie coming out soon?

I guess I forgot.
I've totally lost interest. :(

I'll probably go see it in the theater, but only out of obligation...
Kind of how I am feeling. I was excited about every one of them until The Last Jedi crushed my soul. I'll go see it eventually, but I'll wait until the crowds dissipate.

Interesting that you got tickets from your employer. My daughter's orthodontist was giving away free tickets to patients. I didn't bother.

They need to give the keys to Star Wars to Jon Favreau. After ruining Star Trek, I have no idea why they thought bringing in JJ Abrams would be a good idea. Then Rian Johnson said "hold my beer".
The Force Awakens wasn't a GREAT movie, but it did set things up. Rian Johnson just ruined any hope. It seems as though there was no clear direction, nothing holding the stories together, for this trilogy. What a wasted opportunity.

The Phantom Menace was on TV tonight, and that's actually a better movie than The Last Jedi.

Kind of how I am feeling. I was excited about every one of them until The Last Jedi crushed my soul. I'll go see it eventually, but I'll wait until the crowds dissipate.

Interesting that you got tickets from your employer. My daughter's orthodontist was giving away free tickets to patients. I didn't bother.
Yep. Last Jedi was awful.
I just want to get it over with

Last edited:

The Force Awakens wasn't a GREAT movie, but it did set things up. Rian Johnson just ruined any hope. It seems as though there was no clear direction, nothing holding the stories together, for this trilogy. What a wasted opportunity.

The Phantom Menace was on TV tonight, and that's actually a better movie than The Last Jedi.
Just watched first episode of madndalorian tonight. It was what 30-40 minutes? It was better than last Jedi, and probably force awakens combined.

Just watched first episode of madndalorian tonight. It was what 30-40 minutes? It was better than last Jedi, and probably force awakens combined.
I'm not yet willing to give more money to Disney for their service, but I may have to. They have all the good stuff.

It’s almost like Disney finally pulled their heads out of their rears with the Mandalorian and just let Favreau run with it. It’s an old Western with Star Wars technology and races. The episodes seem a little short, likely because it looks like a movie and we are used to Star Wars in larger doses. I like how it depicts events going on outside the movies, but does occasionally reference events like the fall of the Empire.

Was just reading an article about the reviews for the Rise of Skywalker. Most the reviews were mixed, which I interpret to mean that most Star Wars fans will like it. The critics loved The Last Jedi I thought is was OK, but I have never thought Star Wars movies as anything more than a good adventure.

I hope it is a good movie. Will be going to see it on Friday night.

Was just reading an article about the reviews for the Rise of Skywalker. Most the reviews were mixed, which I interpret to mean that most Star Wars fans will like it. The critics loved The Last Jedi I thought is was OK, but I have never thought Star Wars movies as anything more than a good adventure.

I hope it is a good movie. Will be going to see it on Friday night.
No one could have actually liked the last jedi. Easily one of the worst movies I've seen. It was the OJ Space Chase.

I have hope for RoS, probably because it's not Rian directing it.

Mandalorian is really good. Short and in need of getting a better plot line going but it's otherwise really good.

No one could have actually liked the last jedi. Easily one of the worst movies I've seen. It was the OJ Space Chase.

I have hope for RoS, probably because it's not Rian directing it.

Mandalorian is really good. Short and in need of getting a better plot line going but it's otherwise really good.

The last Jedi scored 93 on rotten tomatoes by critics. I am not going to get into why the Last Jedi sucked or was good. I have seen all of the Star Wars movies starting with the first in 1977. I know they really mean a lot to many people. I have never read any of the books or anything else. I just think for the most part they are good escapist movies. To me they are nothing more or less than that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back