• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stanley Morgan Jr. signs with Bengals.

Lot of WR's our there these days. I wonder if the prevalence of the spread offenses and passing offenses makes it difficult even for the scouts to pick and choose.

Keelan Doss from UC Davis (Raiders picked him up as an UDFA)

6-2, 211 lbs
2 thousand yard seasons receiving and a 3rd year with 911 yards (soph stats) - over 4K receiving in 4 years and 28 TD's - Big Sky conference (I think?), but played really well in the Senior Bowl and during practices for Senior Bowl

Very good hands, good routes and uses his body to shield and catch. Can block a bit, good athlete for special teams
negatives: Not seen as the most explosive athlete and seems to take time to get to his top speed

got hurt at the combine, I think which probably knocked him out of the draft.

Pro day reportedly ran between 4.41 and 4.52's, no listed vertical, but likely similar to Morgan's.

Anyway, long story short, there are a lot of guys like Morgan looking for jobs in the NFL. I wonder if a guy like Morgan gets drafted in a year or two after Frost builds the program and scouts start to pay attention a bit more. If he makes an NFL Team obviously, that helps future NU guys from Frost's system as well as they have a bit more of a benchmark about what the productivity means

I had similar thoughts about both. I did wonder if Stanley was extra polite because of Griffith's Hulk like build.
I know that I would!
tumblr_otlrnsRzpU1uhh267o4_250.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back