• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stanley Morgan Jr. signs with Bengals.

I believe this illustrates why it's important for scholly athletes to get their degrees imo. Even players that looked like a good bet to make an NFL roster might well not! Many Husker fans believe Ziggy and SM are both good enough to play at the next level but that remains to be proven.

I wish them both the best but it's not the end all if players don't make it in the NFL...........

Last edited:
Basically one catch away from posting back to back 1000 yard seasons in the Big 10 with 2 completely different QBs, 2 completely different coaching staffs, and in 2 completely different offenses getting every team's #1 DB pretty much every single game. The Bengals got a frickin steal.

Basically one catch away from posting back to back 1000 yard seasons in the Big 10 with 2 completely different QBs, 2 completely different coaching staffs, and in 2 completely different offenses getting every team's #1 DB pretty much every single game. The Bengals got a frickin steal.

Great take. I hadn't thought SMJ's accomplishments from that perspective. Really remarkable results from a guy that has shown himself to be a hard worker and great team mate. I think he has a real chance of sticking there.

Unfortunately, WR was deep this year in the draft. SMJ was awesome for us but his athleticism doesn't jump off the page at you and that's kind of a key differentiator in those later rounds. He'll make a team though. He's a good enough player to be in the NFL

Unfortunately, WR was deep this year in the draft. SMJ was awesome for us but his athleticism doesn't jump off the page at you and that's kind of a key differentiator in those later rounds. He'll make a team though. He's a good enough player to be in the NFL

Agreed. I don’t know why folks get so upset when his lack of separation speed is mentioned. Hea just not a game changer at the NFL level physically. He’s as fast as some of the better possession guys in the game and tough as hell. I think he’ll stick and be a contributor. Love the kid.

Stanley went from being a raw recruit to a technician. No, he doesnt blow you away physically. But he has learned what it takes to gain separation. He's an NFL caliber wideout and he will prove many wrong.

Tyler Boyd 83 WR 6-2 203 24 4 Pittsburgh
Cody Core 16 WR 6-3 210 25 4 Mississippi
Alex Erickson 12 WR 6-0 195 26 4 Wisconsin
A.J. Green 18 WR 6-4 210 30 9 Georgia
Josh Malone 80 WR 6-3 205 23 3 Tennessee
John Ross 15 WR 5-11 190 23 3 Washington
Hunter Sharp 11 WR 6-0 199 25 1 Utah State
Auden Tate 19 WR 6-5 228 22 2 Florida State
Kermit Whitfield 17 WR 5-8 192 25 1 Florida State

AJ Green and Ty Boyd are locks for the roster ... John Ross probably makes the roster as a near-lock.

Good news is everyone is going through a new coaching change so SMJ is on even footing with everyone else. THE key will be to stay healthy!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back