• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stadiums in the world of D2

That's insane for a HS stadium. Imagine if they invested that money into their educational staff and resources to benefit students.

Would it make you feel better to know that a year after this stadium opened, they found out the concrete was mixed incorrectly so they had to shut it down for a year and re-do portions of the stadium?

I get the outrage over high school athletics and how money gets spent. Totally agree that academics come first.

But then again, you get guys like Crouch and Ahman Green who are products of Omaha-area high schools. I'm glad their coaches got them ready to play at the next level.

Just curious, but do HS stadiums count as DS College stadiums now? I mean, we all know that there are like 574 genders now, so maybe now the high school football stadiums identify as D2 schools. :O O:

Last edited:

I get the outrage over high school athletics and how money gets spent. Totally agree that academics come first.

But then again, you get guys like Crouch and Ahman Green who are products of Omaha-area high schools. I'm glad their coaches got them ready to play at the next level.
Most Highschool fields support multiple sports and large events like graduations. Additionally in many areas the only thing that keeps kids in school is sports. Without Highschool sports drop out rates would be much higher.

Most Highschool fields support multiple sports and large events like graduations. Additionally in many areas the only thing that keeps kids in school is sports. Without Highschool sports drop out rates would be much higher.

Excellent points.

Just curious, but do HS stadiums count as DS College stadiums now? I mean, we all know that there are like 574 genders now, so maybe now the high school football stadiums identify as D2 schools. :O O:

Funny enough, when Sporting KC kicked the D2 National championship game to the curb last year, the game was moved to McKinney, Texas, and played in a HS stadium. The stadium at McKinney surpasses just about any stadium you can find at the D2 level, and even a decent chunk at the FCS level. The National title game will stay there for another three more years.

Last edited:

Bemidji State in northern Minnesota has their stadium in a cool location as it is right on the shores of Lake Bemidji. They have a tradition that if they win their homecoming game, the team runs to the shore and jumps in the lake. It should be noted that the lake water is very cold by the time of the homecoming game in October.
Field_wide_13FB_CSP_0261.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Imagine if they invested that money into their educational staff and resources to benefit students.
You don't have to imagine anything. They already do.

Academically, what Allen is doing is working.

While its campus has larger-than-average class sizes in certain subjects -- most notably social studies and math -- Allen's students are doing well.

The high school received an overall score of 91 in the state's most recent A-F accountability ratings, a score that matched or exceeded many of its nearby peers.

In addition, Allen's ACT and SAT scores are comparable to its suburban counterparts in Collin County, as are its graduation rate.

Lyle Hare Stadium is the home of the Black Hills State Yellow Jackets my wife and daughter's alma mater in Spearfish, South Dakota. They made the jump from NAIA to D-2 a few years ago.

Last edited:
Shout out to Caniglia Field at UNO. I understand why they cut football, but this was a fun little stadium.

UNO-216.jpg

And this is technically high school, but I always loved how Millard's Buell Stadium was sunk into the grade of the hill it sits on. Somehow they managed to share this field between Millard North, Millard South and Millard West. As an adult, I now appreciate the logistics of scheduling two teams away in order to have one team's home game. Fortunately there were at least three games a year where two of the schools could just share the field against one another.

58ed111068b7e.image.jpg
Klein is up to five schools sharing one stadium... apparently the school district never felt the need to put a new stadium in a bond issue to get approval for new schools and improvements... that is a major driver in a lot of the fancy HS stadiums in Texas...

Of course Lincoln had four schools sharing Seacrest back in the day; and the games with Pius were always at Seacrest. I guess there are what, now six HSs? I assume it is still only Seacrest for home games?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back