• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Stadium Replays

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know there have been times when at a game, I have quickly dug out my head phones so I could try and figure out what is going on. Lack of replays leaves the fans in the stands in the dark.

I know there have been times when at a game, I have quickly dug out my head phones so I could try and figure out what is going on. Lack of replays leaves the fans in the stands in the dark.
Yup, or in my case look around for the guy with the headphones, and ask him for any info

This is welcome news.

One of the advantages of watching a game live is one can focus on players/positions away from the ball. This unfortunately leads to me missing some of the "plays". Unlimited replays will eliminate that risk.

This also has the potential to increase the value of the Home Field advantage.

Great way to get the crowd pumped is to keep showing a Big Play or a "Bad Call".

not only unlimited replays, but NO restrictions. So they can do slow motion and even pause if they want.

This would/will be nice too:

The league also is encouraging its institutions to provide full Wi-Fi service throughout the stadiums,

The screens are both good and bad. They virtually kill the true stadium experience...but that's because replays are impossible not to watch. One of the MANY reasons sitting in the North end zone blows. People constantly turning around to watch TV.

While this is welcome news, the question I have is: will Nebraska take advantage of this?

I'm not sure if it was a Big XII or HuskerVision policy, but they have been one replay and done ever (except for scoring plays) since the first screen went up in the mid-90s.

Hopefully they do, as I hate having to call my buddies at the bar to know how a replay delay will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back