• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***'s random thizoughts

I don't think so.

Woodyard - senior - bust
Williams - senior - serviceable
McGriff - transferred out - bust
Legrone - kicked off team and moved to TE - bust
Dominick Watt - never qualified - bust
Andre Hunt - kicked off team - bust

so is this a priority for the current cycle? Would love to see a 6’4” big body in this class.

I love our tiny tykes, but c’mon. LOL

I don't think so.

Woodyard - senior - bust
Williams - senior - serviceable
McGriff - transferred out - bust
Legrone - kicked off team and moved to TE - bust
Dominick Watt - never qualified - bust
Andre Hunt - kicked off team - bust

Srsly? JW and MW only have a half season to prove you right. Everyone else is gone.

My bad...read it wrong. Was thinking the latest class.

I'm a slow blinker:confused:

Nice write up, ***

Last edited:

Thanks ***.... good analysis and it’s ok to believe what your eyes are telling you. We just aren’t that good. I think most of us can see that.

What we also really need is for our top two DBs (Bootle and Jackson) to be ready willing and able to cover Minny's stout WRs. That said, I think our D-line can create pressure and potentially throw off the timing, but if not, and if our DBs can't cover 1 on 1, we could be in trouble. I don't think the offense will struggle running the ball today, but hey, I've been wrong before. Barring the defense doesn't show up, we should win this game.

Last edited:
Joe Burrow interviewed on College Game Day segment. Asked about his father and two brothers playing at Nebraska and if Nebraska ever showed interest in him. He said No.......
You know right where the open gaping wounds are....and that is some cajun salt just poured on. Ouch

The struggle is of course we are 4-2 right now instead of 0-6. We lost one game we shouldn't where we had the worst second half and overtime i've seen in quite some time. I'm trying to find a line between not being overly critical due to us still controlling our own destiny, but also believing what my eyes are seeing that we just aren't that great right now.

I understand. The counter is we had two bad snaps in a row on vedral’s game winning drive. It could have cost us the game. I want jurgens to succeed, but I think he needs a short leash. This game is too important.

Any details that can be shared re: the outside help on center snaps? Nbd just curious.

Thanks ***, great as always.

MN loves the quick slant to Bateman, been very productive for them so good DB inside technique and DL hands up will be very important for DONU.

Last year Morgan got us running 4 for 35, so if #22 is playing much OLB, thats likely to happen again, hope to see more Tanner and Domman.

It's snowing in Rochester right now so field is likely going to be slippery making running the ball between the tackles and ball security so important: hope Mills is up for a great game out of the I formation fullback spot.

I also support two tight end but we may see tight ends who are better blockers than Allen get field time to make the run game go.

I looked at our list of receivers; holy crap are they SMALL! Any chance freshman Austin Jablonski (#47) 6'2" 210 could play as a possession receiver right now because DONU's QB really needs a big reliable target in the 8-14 yard range (Stanley Morgan replacement). I had thought much of this role would go to the TE but it hasn't.

GBR

Martinez is more of a threat than Vedral under center. Vedral may be the bigger threat out of a pocket.

We'd be fine with AJ Forbes at center if not Will Farniok. Wegener had some kind of foot surgery coming into Nebraska, and we've seen nothing really mentioned about him since his arrival. The left guard could be a position for Jurgens to contend for if he cannot figure out the snap. If he's better than Trent Hixson, Broc Bando, Bryce Benhart, and Matt Sichterman then he deserves to play somewhere. We have some decent depth at OL. Its a shame we never demonstrate it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back