• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Turkey

Just that the guys making the decisions these days are wearing suits.... like the man? :Cool: :Cool:

Sorry, been supporting the local brewery and his triple IPA is like uh, yea... like that!
Okay, I'm with you now. Yes, I agree. For decades we've had people who don't know the difference between an AR-15 and a decked out Ruger 10/22 trying to tell us what laws are best for gun violence, now we have people who can't tell the difference between a sunfish and a muskie passing laws to regulate fishing. It makes perfect sense.

I heard and saw the boats on the lake next to my house all weekend while I was cleaning and staining my deck. Figured I had to get that done before the temps got too hot.
And you successfully distanced yourself from the viral time bomb that was lit at your local lake. Congratulations!

Okay, I'm with you now. Yes, I agree. For decades we've had people who don't know the difference between an AR-15 and a decked out Ruger 10/22 trying to tell us what laws are best for gun violence, now we have people who can't tell the difference between a sunfish and a muskie passing laws to regulate fishing. It makes perfect sense.

And lets not get started on the 3-4......

Damn feather road rats, I think I will eat well if it comes to that. People seem to have a fondness for them here in town.

1587260680707.jpeg
Dropped this guy last week in southwest OK. Couldn't seal the deal this morning, but will back out tomorrow to try to fill a 2nd tag.

Going out again with my son this weekend. So far have only heard some gobbling. At least we came out with some mushrooms on the last trip.

Finally got my turkey this morning. A flock of jakes and a bigger tom or two crossed in front me of me at maybe 50 yards. I'd like to think my soft calls drew them my direction and while they may not be true, at least it didn't scare them off. When they saw my decoys they made a right turn and walked straight in. Not wanting to have them pick me off sitting up against the tree, I shot the first jake that presented a good target. Turned out to be a good sized bird just not real old. The weather really screwed up my plans this year, so I feel fortunate to get one.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back