• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Turkey

No kidding. Huh.

Can you come do my job for a year? I'll switch back. Promise. Maybe.
I can scout, scour properties from afar with the apps I have, even gives names of landowners. It's something I enjoy so no big deal, I spend hours scouting, googling phone numbers and locking up property. I've never leased land in my life.

I can scout, scour properties from afar with the apps I have, even gives names of landowners. It's something I enjoy so no big deal, I spend hours scouting, googling phone numbers and locking up property. I've never leased land in my life.

This is all new to me. Everything I've ever hunted in my life was either public land or I knew the land owner.

And there are apps........

Jesus I'm old.

This is all new to me. Everything I've ever hunted in my life was either public land or I knew the land owner.

And there are apps........

Jesus I'm old.
$100 per year I have OnyxHunts app, it's a blessing for me. Before I started traveling to hunt I only had Kansas, when we flew to Florida for Osceola's I went with the multi state option.

This feels like I was just introduced to Merlin the magician. We need to be friends.

No kidding.

In the 'old days' I'd scout off season and again shortly before the season(s) would start. That's part of whey I've hunted less and less as I've moved around the country. No idea where to look, no experience in an area and all this time something like this exists.......and I'm mowing the freaking lawn.

So South Carolina just closed public boat access and state lakes. Looks like I need to dig deeper into Spring Turkey.

My 16 year old wants to get out go hunting. The mountains here in Wyoming have too much snow for spring bear. There is NO sports on so turkey hunting it is this year. Like others here, I've had problems with the turkeys in town and having to cross the road with no appearant volition or urgency. The ones in the wild are wiley and the ones in town are hay seeds...

How many people in suits do you see in your area in boats?

Crickets
I'm still confused. What's your point?

I went fishing all day, yesterday, and I would say it was even reasonably crowded where I was, yet I never came within 25-30' of anyone else, nor did I see anyone ever within 15' of anyone else. What better activity is there to naturally have distance between people with no touching than fishing?

What am I missing?

Why? I can kind of understand boat docks as being a place where germs could be spread, by why close down the state lakes?
The story is South Carolina Division of Natural Resources and SLED Officers witnessed 'excessive violation of the social distancing best practices' this past weekend 'forcing' the closure. In effect until April 30th.

I heard and saw the boats on the lake next to my house all weekend while I was cleaning and staining my deck. Figured I had to get that done before the temps got too hot.

Deck looks good though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back