• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Turkey

I decided to NOT apply because I'm going to get a mentor license to take my 9-year-old son on his first turkey hunt. Otherwise, I'm going.

Last edited:
I wanted to, but the leased property I was going to hunt on was sold and I haven't spent any time scouting public land. Maybe next year.

Game and Parks decided to bring the turkeys back to Nebraska years back and followed a program designed to help repopulate wild birds to the area. It just took off in Nebraska, the birds multiplied like rabbits. Other states have tried to replicate our program but it was such a success that if the hunting season isn't fully utilized the birds get over populated to the point of becoming road hazards.

Hoping to hunt Valentine, and south Central Nebraska in early May. Hopefully they don't cancel the season...

Hoping to hunt Valentine, and south Central Nebraska in early May. Hopefully they don't cancel the season...

I'm hoping to hunt down here as well. If it ever stops freaking raining. They pushed the start back to April 1st from the usual March 20th in my zone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back