• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Practice Press Conference

We aren’t assessing the imbalances before kids get into our workouts and just throw them in. How mad would you be if you enrolled early and got put on the shelf for the entirety of spring before your first practice?

Unless these guys came in injured from something else.

But if they came in healthy, I would think that this type of assessment is a primary (if not elementary) part of a Division 1 Strength Coach’s essential job function.

Am I off base with my thinking?

And to answer your question, I’d be totally PO’d !

Last edited:
We aren’t assessing the imbalances before kids get into our workouts and just throw them in. How mad would you be if you enrolled early and got put on the shelf for the entirety of spring before your first practice?

Trying to do too much, too soon.

Kids aren’t likely to tap out. My youngest has to have me or others put the brakes on his lifting constantly to protect his joints.

Trying to do too much, too soon.

Kids aren’t likely to tap out. My youngest has to have me or others put the brakes on his lifting constantly to protect his joints.

And I would expect our staff to have the knowledge and experience to know that as well. That: 1st year players may push too hard, thus will need extra attention/supervision to avoid injury. Even AFTER a comprehensive assessment and plan has been assigned.

Basically what you successfully did.

Last edited:
And I would expect our staff to have the knowledge and experience to know that as well. That: 1st year players may push too hard, thus will need extra attention/supervision to avoid injury. Even AFTER a comprehensive assessment and plan has been assigned.

Basically what you successfully did.

Its a fine line to walk. Even when you do it all right, with this many kids in the weight room you’re going to have soft tissue and joint injuries. I get pushing hard to maximize results, but I do have to wonder what role the crappy form we’ve seen in some of our world record BS lifts we’ve shown has to play in all of this.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back