• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Game Tix

BleedinHuskerRed

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I’m frankly surprised and a little concerned that tickets for the spring game aren’t being fought over after a year of not being able to attend games in-person. Chad from TicketExpress talked about it on Doctor Rob’s podcast, and I’ve received emails advertising tickets too.

Why the hesitancy? Covid concerns? Apathy towards an underperforming team in recent years? The discovery of watching a game in comfort from home?

Curious what you all think.

I’m frankly surprised and a little concerned that tickets for the spring game aren’t being fought over after a year of not being able to attend games in-person. Chad from TicketExpress talked about it on Doctor Rob’s podcast, and I’ve received emails advertising tickets too.

Why the hesitancy? Covid concerns? Apathy towards an underperforming team in recent years? The discovery of watching a game in comfort from home?

Curious what you all think.

For many fans...all of the above!!

You better believe the Athletic Department is paying attention to this.

Last edited:

I'm not going to the game,
Just tailgating. Hope I remember how,
Been to long,

When the Texas Rangers opened up the baseball stadium for a full house, only 12k fans showed up. That’s a state like Nebraska that didn’t seem too concerned much with the bat virus. But they must be uninspired to race back to big crowds and sweaty people.

I am very surprised we don’t have more enthusiasm but our die hards are all OLD. Really old. Guess they think it isn’t worth it.

Last edited:
There are at least two factors that have dampened ticket sales: hard limits on sales of tickets to the big donors; no free tickets for children.

I would take my kids every year because it's the best way to introduce them to a Nebraska gameday atmosphere without having to buy full-price tickets, only to watch them want to run around and crave concessions. I have 3 kids who are 10 and under, and I have a wife who doesn't care about football. Buying 2 tickets in the club seating ($20 each, plus $1 fee per ticket, total of $42) plus 3 free tickets for the kiddos is a good deal, and everyone in my family is pleased; $55 for five nosebleed seats? It's not the same experience, so we're probably not going.

There are at least two factors that have dampened ticket sales: hard limits on sales of tickets to the big donors; no free tickets for children.

I would take my kids every year because it's the best way to introduce them to a Nebraska gameday atmosphere without having to buy full-price tickets, only to watch them want to run around and crave concessions. I have 3 kids who are 10 and under, and I have a wife who doesn't care about football. Buying 2 tickets in the club seating ($20 each, plus $1 fee per ticket, total of $42) plus 3 free tickets for the kiddos is a good deal, and everyone in my family is pleased; $55 for five nosebleed seats? It's not the same experience, so we're probably not going.
Perhaps we could start a GO FUND ME as they have them for almost anything! :Lol:

Absolutely great call on both reasons.
Also remembered I also decided i didn't want to wear a mask outside for two hours to watch a scrimmage

I thought Ricketts might wave the mask mandate in time for this event. I bet the NCAA makes us wear one for the CWS. 97 and humid in June.

All of the above, but I think the main reason is the team under this coach has shown itself to not be very good. Who gets excited to go to a Spring Game of a team with that lousy a recent record? Apparently not many.

If it was a good team tickets already would have been sold out, masks notwithstanding.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back