• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Game: Huskers v Wichita State, 4/29/23 2pm CDT.

Huskers v Wichita State, 2 pm CDT today. Looks like will be carried on Nebraska Public Media and streamed on B1G+. Lots of story lines re competition for playing time.

The team looked good against a good Wichita State team. All the middles looked good, and Murray and Batenhorst, and Reilly and Orr and Choboy too. Hard to say who will start in the fall.

The team looked good against a good Wichita State team. All the middles looked good, and Murray and Batenhorst, and Reilly and Orr and Choboy too. Hard to say who will start in the fall.
I think Reilly will beat out Orr for setter job.

Really enjoyed the match. The gals show lots of potential, for sure. Love the enthusiasm.

GO BIG RED!!!

Any double contacts on Orr? That has been a bugaboo of hers…
None called, and the first set I thought the team was not passing as well as they did later, which was a challenge for Orr. But Reilly looked really good.

I agree. Almost everyone looked good. I also liked how fired up the girls were for the match, even though it was just a scrimmage. The Nebraska players looked way more motivated and enthused than the Wichita State players. The Nebraska players all look like competitors, and that is an often-overlooked trait. Great competitors make for great teams.

Krause and Beason played ok, but not as good as I know they can play. They are both experienced veterans, so I give them the benefit of the doubt. I think they will both be starting in August.

Murray was as advertised. Frankly, she looked better than I thought she would. She will be a true impact player.

Jackson is an athletic freak of nature, but she is playing behind two very good middles so might only see limited playing time.

I think Orr looked exactly like she did last year. We'll see how the competition shapes up there, but I suspect Reilly will be the starter in August.

Choboy was also impressive. She will play a lot this year, and she likely will be the future libero once Lexi Rodriguez leaves (unless someone else even better comes along).

Huskers v Wichita State, 2 pm CDT today. Looks like will be carried on Nebraska Public Media and streamed on B1G+. Lots of story lines re competition for playing time.
It's too bad none of NU's matches in Brazil will be televised. Their matches against the Brazilian under-19 and under-21 national teams will probably be much more competitive than the match against Wichita State. I think they are going to practice with and play against some high-level Brazilian club teams as well. All those matches would be fun to watch.

I happened to see this elsewhere:

"During the NU exhibition VB game yesterday against Wichita St. John Cook wore a mike during the second set and talked to the announcers about a variety of things. One of the questions one announcer asked him was how was Maggie readjusting to VB after playing WBB. He said she is doing great and that playing basketball has really helped her in volleyball. He says many of his great players in the past like Jordan Larson played both sports in High School. He said the transition from BB to VB is easier then vice versa. He said she came in great condition from all the running in BB so he is having his volleyball players do more running. By the way the VB game was fun to watch. He is building a great team. All five new freshmen play at a high level. They will be taking a 2 week trip to Brazil and play some top teams there. This all happens before the fall practice season starts. WVB portal reopens tomorrow for two weeks. "

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back