• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring game film room.

If I was going to draw anything from the film of the spring game, it's that there are some walk-on receivers that can catch the ball if needed -- Liewer of course, he's done it in B1G games. But Brody Belt, Austin Jablonski and Ty Hahn all look the part and Barron Miles Jr showed up in the open practice.

I'm not saying that all will play or should play but it's nice to have them available. Liewer and Jablonski are big guys with good hands, nice to have them to block and maybe more.

I think these three videos make if very clear who our starting quarterback is for 2021. Only Martinez can look for a secondary receiver after seeing the primary receiver is covered.

And what is it with the swing pass to the running back? That can be a very good play if the quarterback leads the running back up field so the running back's momentum is heading up field. We kill the play by requiring the running back to make a spectacular catch behind them, at their feet, or over their heads. That just kills the momentum for the running back and allows the defense time to come up and stop it. Seems like it should be an easy pass to me, but we rarely execute it correctly.

First thanks for putting that together. Second imho so goes AM so goes our season and he must stay healthy. Our BU QB's are a long ways from prime time. AM looks to have returned to being extremely quick like his freshman year. I honestly believe he's been significantly nicked up enough and to heavy the last couple of seasons to be dynamic running. Also do not want to see him running more then absolutely necessary this season. Almost impossible to draw many conclusions from watching a spring scrimmage imo. Been fooled before so I'm taking a wait and see attitude.

First thanks for putting that together. Second imho so goes AM so goes our season and he must stay healthy. Our BU QB's are a long ways from prime time. AM looks to have returned to being extremely quick like his freshman year. I honestly believe he's been significantly nicked up enough and to heavy the last couple of seasons to be dynamic running. Also do not want to see him running more then absolutely necessary this season. Almost impossible to draw many conclusions from watching a spring scrimmage imo. Been fooled before so I'm taking a wait and see attitude.

I'd agree, and who is the heir apparent for 2022? I'd say we need to land a great double threat QB this cycle to keep momentum going for SF (assuming he builds any).

After watching the spring game QB is a huge concern about the success of this team. AM may be lighter he still plays with the same tendencies and I am not sure the style of offense helps the defense. We need drives and get the defense more rest. The offense needs fewer turnovers and penalties. Correct that and this team makes a huge leap.

QB room is week this year. I don't think AM is a superior talent, but we really need him to stay healthy seeing as what we have backing him up. Next year looks just as bad, though maybe someone will develop. The way the game is played now, that is ominous.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back