• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring & Fall Proposal

im-super-cereal.jpg

I don’t understand why people think Spring football doesn’t happen. Vaccine is the game changer. Then $$ will once again rule the day.
I'm skeptical because it will take months to distribute and then at least weeks to see how it works and then weeks or months to agree the virus is well enough controlled that these kind of activities can resume. Remember science can't tell us when says it's safe enough. It's a socio-political decision and right now societies are quite split.

Being ready first week in January seems ridiculously aggressive. Mid March may be possible but I can really imagine being quite uncertain right up to the date. As we get near the end of this year and they start planning the spring in earnest I think they'll realize they still face a lot of uncertainty and could well decide to punt tol fall.

The best thing would be if Pro football comes off with few problems.

That thing is on life support already. Got something from the travel agency that said something to the effect of "we're keeping an eye on things and checking with Irish partners to see if they'll let us out of commitments...etc."
He: If we play there in April we could have an Irish Spring.
She: Yes and I like it too!

I've listened to Brohm explain his ideas on Spring Football and he makes some good points. He was on the Big Ten network this evening. Check the Big Ten network for his interview.

It also shows up on SI, ESPN, etc.

He puts it out there as an idea, not a finished plan.

because 2 full seasons in one year is insane. Playing to abbreviated seasons is no good either.

Not really insane. No doubt it is a conference only type of Spring schedule. 4 month or so break. Then the regular season. It’s not like they don’t have spring activities as it is. Seems pretty straight forward. And financially it’s a slam dunk.

If a spring season really happens ( I don’t think it will) have them play each team in the division for 6 games. Then for a faux bowl game each time can play a cross division game with the team that finished the same in the standings as they did. 7 games, start In early Feb and be done by mid-April. Keeps scheduling pretty simple.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back