• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope JD does not read the immature unprofessional drivel on this page of useless prognostication, and probably mostly not insider information, which only hurts people we care about.
I hope JD knows we appreciate his lifetime of work and bruises. I hope this time off helps all of us be kind to these kids. Throw the bones.GBR
It’s a message board full of fans. You know short for fanatic. If he reads any of this and gets upset that’s on him. Wait until our first loss. This board gets really fun then.

My summary

1. JD aint coming back
2. JD was very good to great for us.
3. Losing him is a bigger loss than the naysayers can imagine; especially if Manning is slow to acclimate.
4. With that said...JD, at best is a day 3 draft pick...possibly UFA.

The same people who are saying JD isn’t good or we won’t miss him, are the same people saying we weren’t going to miss Stanley when he left because he wasn’t that good. Boy were they wrong....

Last edited:
I have opined in way earlier posts that, IMO, he isn’t coming back. I have since seen others say the same and then this question has been asked by a lot of posters: “If he isn’t coming back, why hasn’t he said so?” My way to simple answer? Because he left and was supposedly “still taking classes” albeit from Minnesota then the China virus hit and EVERYBODY was doing online classes, like he was supposedly doing before the virus hit. I feel he is waiting for the official word he accumulated enough credits to graduate and then, BAM, transfer portal and on to the gophers. Again, JMO.

Last edited:

I have opined in way earlier posts that, IMO, he isn’t coming back. I have since seen others say the same and then this question has been asked by a lot of posters: “If he isn’t coming back, why hasn’t he said so?” My way to simple answer? Because he left and was supposedly “still taking classes” albeit from Minnesota then the China virus hit and EVERYBODY was doing online classes, like he was supposedly doing before I’m the virus hit. I feel he is waiting for the official word he accumulated enough credits to graduate and then, BAM, transfer portal and on to the gophers. Again, JMO.

I agree with your assessment. Don’t announce you’re leaving unless your certain you can leave.

FWIW, at some point you just have to decide whether your with the team or your not. Does the rest of the team want him back? JD is our most experienced WR and makes the team better in terms of his talent. However, does his attitude and “want to” detract from the team? I don’t know.

I agree with your assessment. Don’t announce you’re leaving unless your certain you can leave.

FWIW, at some point you just have to decide whether your with the team or your not. Does the rest of the team want him back? JD is our most experienced WR and makes the team better in terms of his talent. However, does his attitude and “want to” detract from the team? I don’t know.
I just wonder where his dad is in all of this?

As an NFL GM I cannot help but think this does not reflect well on a prospective player.

Ok, everyone has given their opinion so I might as well give mine. He was a really good receiver. Best on the team, but he needed help last year and didn't get much of it. He needed the outside threat to open up the middle a little bit and it just wasn't there.

He is a great receiver if he has another person to take some of the heat off of him like he did when Morgan was around. I guess what I am saying is that he is a great complimentary receiver. Morgan is going to get his catches and yards no matter what. Spielman is much better when he has someone to take a little heat off of him.

Eh it would be pretty devastating if he goes to Minnesota. Personally I wouldn't blame him though. 3 years, 2 coaches and zero bowls would get to me. Especially if my home state, and rival, university were putting up 11 wins.

I really hope JD does not read some of the immature unprofessional drivel on this page of useless prognostication, and probably mostly not insider information, which only hurts kids we care about. His career here was fantastic.
I hope JD and family knows we appreciate his lifetime of work and bruises. I hope this time off helps all of us be kind to these kids. Throw the bones.GBR
If you have a problem with my post this might not be the place for you LOL. What exactly did I say that was insulting or would hurt JD's feelings? I've actually repeatedly said that he has been excellent for us from the very beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back