• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were replying to my response to someone claiming he was overrated. If two people are having dialogue and you insert yourself, i'll assume it was in regard to the subject they were talking about.

Circling back to "records at that position at Nebraska are not like some other places" comment you made, I see you are purposely ignoring where I pointed out JD Spielman if he came back for his senior year would be #1 at Ohio State, Florida, and Texas Tech. #2 at Washington State, and #3 at Oklahoma with the numbers he's putting up. He only needs 18 yards to be #1 at Florida. So that statement is ridiculous.

"Sucks to lose him" indeed, doubt anyone ever wants to lose their best WR.
I never argued that either. He is a very good player. No question. Would certainly help to have him. Sorry for any confusion.

Your original response to refute the post of JD being "good but not great" is below. So, you were either stating something not related to the post you responded to, or you were attempting to use SM and DO as similar examples of undrafted players who were on par with JD (not merely good, but great) who by your comparison was "Freshman All-American with three straight years of all-conference accolades". I guess if you want to call twice 3rd team all-conference and an honorable mention selection equal to Calvin Johnson who was a two-time All-American and three time FIRST team all conference, well, OK.

You can put the cool little GIF in as many times as you want, but you are the one who bounces around when trying to refute a simple statement. (good but not great)

Here, i'll help you out with the original post and the post it answered.

Ya, those Freshman All-Americans with three years straight of all-conference accolades that just luck into talent-depleted teams so they would end up the #1 WR of all time at their school are the worst. Calvin Johnson at Georgia Tech really lucked into playing for a running squad with a talentless WR room.

His draft stock means nothing to me. Stanley Morgan and Devine Ozigbo didn't get drafted and we would have killed to have them in 2019.
You are trying so hard it's adorable. It's like the first grader that keeps telling the teacher that 2 + 2 is 5, they are trying so hard but you can't just let them keep going on like that. Their classmates will certainly ridicule them worse than you would if you didn't correct them. Sometimes you have to keep telling them they're wrong until they understand. Feel free to go back and pull the quotes if you need:

1 - Guy calls JD overrated
2 - The quote you pull from me is me saying there's no way you can believe that in reference to him being overrated
3 - Guy says "i honestly believe that, he's good not great" in response to me telling him he can't really think JD is overrated
4 - I respond with the freshman all american and all conference accolades. Then respond with draft stock not mattering at all for someone and how good, great, or bad they were in college.

All of my posts are in regard to if JD Spielman is "overrated by Huskier fans." It's not difficult man. Let me know if I need to get a coloring book out for you to follow, because you are Joe Namath struggggggling here.

Last edited:
Man, you completely missed his point. You should probably stop digging now.
I have absolutely no idea what perceived argument you are trying to win, but it ain't working.

The Office Thank You GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I never argued that either. He is a very good player. No question. Would certainly help to have him. Sorry for any confusion.
I think you and I may be crossing arguments as well. I'm just defending he's not overrated in the slightest. If someone thinks there are better WRs in Nebraska history, i'd agree. Heck, if I had to pick a team and was mostly 2 WRs with no slot he ain't making the team. But Frost's offense does, so he's a loss.

I think you and I may be crossing arguments as well. I'm just defending he's not overrated in the slightest. If someone thinks there are better WRs in Nebraska history, i'd agree. Heck, if I had to pick a team and wasmostly 2 WRs with no slot he ain't making the team. But Frost's offense does, so he's a loss.
I never said he was overated, just that NU’s WR’s don’t have gaudy statistics.

I never said he was overated, just that NU’s WR’s don’t have gaudy statistics.
And again, I was mostly responding to an overrated comment. But Nebraska's leading WR is Kenny Bell who would be #1 at Florida. Let's not act like we haven't had some good WRs come thru here that have put up some pretty good stats. So I don't buy that if JD Spielman was Nebraska's #1 WR in the record books it's not impressive. Same trajectory gets him #1 at Ohio State, Florida, and other schools. That's damn impressive. 90s Nebraska has people misinformed or skewed with their thoughts. Kenny Bell is top 3 at a lot of schools if not #1, and JD would overtake him by game 2.

Last edited:
I thought Morgan would be drafted. 6th or 7th round. 100% right on the speed angle, but he was combative for the ball, was a good route runner by his senior year and a very, very reliable target and set of hands. Thought he'd get drafted not sign as an UFA. Westy was just a touch slower, but with equal target and hand skills. Still thought he'd catch on somewhere as an UFA.
Yeah, I knew a lot of people surprised Morgan didn’t get drafted, including me.

Its simple and it makes sense. JD is not happy with his coaching. Plain and simple.
But to sacrifice your senior year after investing so much time in the program?? On the brink of setting school records? Something doesn't jive with this entire situation.

I can't imagine a player transferring because of a dislike for a coach of a different position group. If Walters leaving didn't rectify the situation, does than mean JD has issues with Frost?

Animosity from the way they handled Washington?
There are some rumors out there but they’re just rumors. If they are correct he did have some issues with the staff not just Walters.

I'd like to thank the staff and all the great fans of Nebraska football, but I will not be returning to the program this fall.

Wait....what?

How's that possible?

I know I still have eligibility left.....

Jesus we need a football game.

Fair enough. I know where your business is so I fully believe you have a source. When most say "I have a source" I call BS. Your business is near the stadium and the kind where folks might give you some scoop.
Keep in mind that just because a player has issues with certain coaching philosophies doesn't make either the staff or kid wrong. This part is just speculation but it might be a case where the head coach isn't chasing him down like we did with Eric Crouch. Again that is only speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back