• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw that posted on a FB group I follow. IIRC he hasn't graduated, so I seriously doubt Frost would allow him a release to transfer there.
Isn’t West Nebraska Oregon state university on the quarter system? Meaning JD could graduate in august and immediately transfer there and play without missing any classes.

Who thought that?

Stanley was a good receiver. Jordan was also ... a good receiver. Unfortunately neither one of those guys has the elite speed and skill set to go against cover corners in the NFL. They also don’t have the shake and quickness to make it as a slot WR. I think JD would have the exact right skill set to be productive against nickel DB’s in the league. Imagine that guys production with Brees or Rogers hitting him on time and accurately. He’s proved his toughness and still produced on a subpar offense with multiple coaching changes.

Guilty. I thought both were a shoo-in for the NFL.

Do you realize how many really good NU WRs were really late draft picks or not at all? I haven't seen or heard anyone say they think he will be even top 5 rounds.

Actually, quite a few think J.D. will be drafted in the top 5 rounds -- including a few in this thread (N2FL and myself are a couple of examples). I'd be quite surprised if he isn't drafted. And no, I wasn't one proclaiming Lamar Jackson would be drafted this past April (as many seemed to think). Nor Jordan Westerkamp (to use a WR comparison). I did, however, think Morgan would be late-round pick -- and while he wasn't -- he did get promoted to the Bengals regular season roster, suggesting he probably was quite draftable (most undrafted free agents never make it as far as Stanley has).

Actually, quite a few think J.D. will be drafted in the top 5 rounds -- including a few in this thread (N2FL and myself are a couple of examples). I'd be quite surprised if he isn't drafted. And no, I wasn't one proclaiming Lamar Jackson would be drafted this past April (as many seemed to think). Nor Jordan Westerkamp (to use a WR comparison). I did, however, think Morgan would be late-round pick -- and while he wasn't -- he did get promoted to the Bengals regular season roster, suggesting he probably was quite draftable (most undrafted free agents never make it as far as Stanley has).
I hope he does go that high. I honestly thought Morgan would go around fifth round. I really didn’t think Westerkamp would get drafted. I drank some of the Lamar Jackson koolaid. I thought fourth or fifth round for him. We all get some right and some very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back