• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sooo is there any smoke out there that may lead to a fire?

If Luke were to leave, wouldn't that pretty much necessitate getting another Quarterback?

That would likely depend on the type of offense the new coach would like to run.
Nail In The Coffin GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Not sure about a meeting. But definitely something going on. Hoping it doesn’t come to fruition.

Is this a matter of:
1. The family thinking he hasn't been developed well enough as a quarterback?
2. The staff has approached him about switching positions and he's not down with that?
3. We just aren't winning, so g'bye?

If it's 1., the plan was always for him to not play a ton for the first couple of years, and the progress from year 1 to year 2 was noticeable (though certainly not where he needs to be to be a P5 QB).

If it's 2., then I guess I wouldn't be so disappointed. Obviously, I'd rather a guy this talented stick around, but if he's determined to play a position that he just isn't gifted enough to play at a high enough level, then I'm not sure what you do.

If it's 3., then I guess what do you do other than win more, eh? But, wow, it's going to be tough to win more with talent like this going out the door. SMH.

Is this a matter of:
1. The family thinking he hasn't been developed well enough as a quarterback?
2. The staff has approached him about switching positions and he's not down with that?
3. We just aren't winning, so g'bye?

If it's 1., the plan was always for him to not play a ton for the first couple of years, and the progress from year 1 to year 2 was noticeable (though certainly not where he needs to be to be a P5 QB).

If it's 2., then I guess I wouldn't be so disappointed. Obviously, I'd rather a guy this talented stick around, but if he's determined to play a position that he just isn't gifted enough to play at a high enough level, then I'm not sure what you do.

If it's 3., then I guess what do you do other than win more, eh? But, wow, it's going to be tough to win more with talent like this going out the door. SMH.
I'd be speaking out of turn there. I really don't know much about the "why" for this LM thing right now.

1 - I could understand that from the family
2 - He has been told when Martinez is gone he would be option A at QB, if we are moving him that goes against what he's been told. He at least wanted a shot to be "the man" at Nebraska.
3 - Smoke that us voting not to play when he wanted to play could be an issue but again i'm speculating

I really have no idea. Hope he stays. Can't continue to lose your best offensive weapons then celebrate recruits and transfer portal guys.

I'd be speaking out of turn there. I really don't know much about the "why" for this LM thing right now.

1 - I could understand that from the family
2 - He has been told when Martinez is gone he would be option A at QB, if we are moving him that goes against what he's been told. He at least wanted a shot to be "the man" at Nebraska.
3 - Smoke that us voting not to play when he wanted to play could be an issue but again i'm speculating

I really have no idea. Hope he stays. Can't continue to lose your best offensive weapons then celebrate recruits and transfer portal guys.

I'm sure that vote rubbed a lot of "competitors" the wrong way. I know they are all competitors, but some were obviously a little more motivated than others.

I'm sure that vote rubbed a lot of "competitors" the wrong way. I know they are all competitors, but some were obviously a little more motivated than others.

I thought LM was injured (didn't have have surgery) and that was one of the reasons given for the vote not to go to a bowl. If he is considering a transfer because of that vote, that would be ironic.

I thought LM was injured (didn't have have surgery) and that was one of the reasons given for the vote not to go to a bowl. If he is considering a transfer because of that vote, that would be ironic.

Not necessarily ironic. He may have looked around and decided that may not be the type of team he wanted to play on. That decision by his team mates may have him questioning things. I would doubt that would be the only factor either way, and it may have nothing at all to do with his decision making in particular.

Not necessarily ironic. He may have looked around and decided that may not be the type of team he wanted to play on. That decision by his team mates may have him questioning things. I would doubt that would be the only factor either way, and it may have nothing at all to do with his decision making in particular.

Sorry, i just meant that if they voted to not play because he wasn't available, then he considered that vote in an evaluation of his teammates desire to compete, that would be ironic.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back