• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some Things I Don't Understand

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
uvzZCAK.gif

Thank you for saving me from the meeting with the Bob's.

I'm going to say this very slow for you:. You. Are. A. Fan.

Your expectations have no impact on the team. Neither do mine.
Did someone say that their expectations have an impact on the team? I don't remember reading that. What is meant by that statement? We are just a bunch of fans discussing our opinions of the state of the program. That's what the board is literally designed for. I don't understand why that's a problem, aside from the fact that a couple guys in here you seem to strongly disagree with. Seems strange to me. That's all.

You know I coached HS football for 21 years and I am not sure I have any idea what you are talking about. Unless I sat down with Greg Austin and had a chat with him about what he they are trying to accomplish I am not sure I would have a clue as to what their particular "blocking rules" are from just watching the game.
Right, you can have zero idea if it's a rule or a bust just from watching certain parts of the game.

Did someone say that their expectations have an impact on the team? I don't remember reading that. What is meant by that statement? We are just a bunch of fans discussing our opinions of the state of the program. That's what the board is literally designed for. I don't understand why that's a problem, aside from the fact that a couple guys in here you seem to strongly disagree with. Seems strange to me. That's all.

It's alright, HuskerJ, leave Saint goodnterrible to fight off all the villains around here that dislike mediocrity. How dare anyone demand, you know, success. That is so 1995. (Kind of like his Madden comments.)

That's the way I took his posts. If that's not what he meant, so be it.

I strongly disagree with people who are questioning this staff so strongly 2 weeks into the season. I think their track record speaks for itself, especially on the offensive side of the ball. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be criticism, but good lord.

Its not the same staff from Oregon to UCF to today.
It was actually the exact same staff that came over from UCF where they went undefeated and beat Auburn. They replaced one coach from that staff, and 2 games in we are looking better than last year at that position. So not sure what you are basing this statement on, certainly not facts.

Last edited:
Heres some perspective:. Don't convince yourself you're being honest, when you really aren't, because you're mad about a college football game.
I'm not mad at a game, or the team, or the coach. I'm mad at myself for buying into the kool aid, when there was nothing there to buy into. Throughout the summer, I couldn't figure out what others were seeing that I wasn't seeing. As we got closer to the start of the season, I allowed myself to get sucked in.

We've been a lower level/bottom half team in the Big 10 the past two years, and we'll be the same for the foreseeable future. There. Now I'm no longer mad at myself.

:shrug:

It was actually the exact same staff that came over from UCF where they went undefeated and beat Auburn. They replaced one coach from that staff, and 2 games in we are looking better than last year at that position. So not sure what you are basing this statement on, certainly not facts.

Facts are for the weak! :Teacher:

I believe in evidence-based outcomes. Please submit your evidence.
If we put up the total offense output for the staff over the last 3 years and 2 games, that would be all the evidence one would need. Care to debate that?

The claim was it was the staff from Oregon to now. You're simply grasping at straws now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back