• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some Things I Don't Understand

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

You know I coached HS football for 21 years and I am not sure I have any idea what you are talking about. Unless I sat down with Greg Austin and had a chat with him about what he they are trying to accomplish I am not sure I would have a clue as to what their particular "blocking rules" are from just watching the game.

Colorado didn't let NU committing four blockers on two DL go unnoticed. If you coached that long than surely you understand how to load bodies at a point of attack. We aren't even doing influence blocks on broken plays, our guys are simply allowing people to cross their face without so much as a hip check with a paw. It doesn't help our backfield isn't reading what is in front of them.

Case in point, first play of second half we catch Colorado overloading our right and the offense outmans them on the left. Maerinez ducks down the middle irregardless the bare sideline going left. Not a defender that could have touched him for fifteen yards, but he runs into the two DL that ran themselves out of the play. Unbelievable. The next play Washignton ran up to the first down marker and inexplicably stopped short for no good reason. Back to back odd reads by ball carriers.

We get the first down on the next play. On second down they call Jack Stoll for a phantom holding call. He was textbook blocking, but he got called for holding. Then AM gets drilled and fumbles. We punt and hold them on their first second half series.

I like what Mills does on first down of the next possession. We leave the DT on our left unblocked, setting up a potential TFL. Mills routes behind his double-team and picks up five on a broken blocking scheme. Only it is not broken if they keep doing it. Obviously our stupidly leaving defenders alone at the POA is by some bizarro design. It happened all game, not just one quarter or half.

There is no way you kept missing that glaring problem withh 21 years of experience.

Colorado didn't let NU committing four blockers on two DL go unnoticed. If you coached that long than surely you understand how to load bodies at a point of attack. We aren't even doing influence blocks on broken plays, our guys are simply allowing people to cross their face without so much as a hip check with a paw. It doesn't help our backfield isn't reading what is in front of them.

Case in point, first play of second half we catch Colorado overloading our right and the offense outmans them on the left. Maerinez ducks down the middle irregardless the bare sideline going left. Not a defender that could have touched him for fifteen yards, but he runs into the two DL that ran themselves out of the play. Unbelievable. The next play Washignton ran up to the first down marker and inexplicably stopped short for no good reason. Back to back odd reads by ball carriers.

We get the first down on the next play. On second down they call Jack Stoll for a phantom holding call. He was textbook blocking, but he got called for holding. Then AM gets drilled and fumbles. We punt and hold them on their first second half series.

I like what Mills does on first down of the next possession. We leave the DT on our left unblocked, setting up a potential TFL. Mills routes behind his double-team and picks up five on a broken blocking scheme. Only it is not broken if they keep doing it. Obviously our stupidly leaving defenders alone at the POA is by some bizarro design. It happened all game, not just one quarter or half.

There is no way you kept missing that glaring problem with 21 years of experience.
Be careful on the criticism. Even with your talented eye, you will get called for over-reacting, caring too much, not letting the game go as it is in the past, hey, it's just a game, don't stress, we are 1 and 1 baby!, didn't you see other teams lose, you need a new hobby, why so negative....etc etc...

Personally I like your post and its' content. Just get ready for the swarm....

There is no way you kept missing that glaring problem withh 21 years of experience.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but as far as offensive system goes, I think this staff might know what they're doing.

Be careful on the criticism. Even with your talented eye, you will get called for over-reacting, caring too much, not letting the game go as it is in the past, hey, it's just a game, don't stress, we are 1 and 1 baby!, didn't you see other teams lose, you need a new hobby, why so negative....etc etc...

Personally I like your post and its' content. Just get ready for the swarm....

Wow, this took long. One year and two games.

Wow, this took long. One year and two games.
My friend, when was the last time we won a conference championship?

When was the last time we competed for one?

When was the last time we were nationally relevant?

So when there is critique or criticism people get ridiculed for having one or both...

Ok, so tell me GNT...how do you feel about the state of the program right now...and more importantly, tell me how I am supposed to feel, cause obviously you have all the answers of how to be a fan. One year and two games equals 5 and 9...check my math for me and tell me if I'm off...thanks.

My friend, when was the last time we won a conference championship?

When was the last time we competed for one?

When was the last time we were nationally relevant?

So when there is critique or criticism people get ridiculed for having one or both...

Ok, so tell me GNT...how do you feel about the state of the program right now...and more importantly, tell me how I am supposed to feel, cause obviously you have all the answers of how to be a fan. One year and two games equals 5 and 9...check my math for me and tell me if I'm off...thanks.

The only thing I can tell you about being a fan is to remember you're not a division 1 football player who is getting way too worked about 18-22 year olds playing football. All I can do is try to give you perspective. And yes, I will always call out our fanbase crapping on players.

I actually didn’t and haven’t watched the second half. I was at a funeral.

Just because you are pointing out what you think is wrong doesn’t make it right. As I said I don’t know what they are trying to do and frankly neither do you. I am not at practice or in position meetings. I can watch a game and have a general feel for what they are doing and that is all. It is the same for you. You are just speculating on what you think should or shouldn’t happen.

You should really be coaching at Nebraska.

Last edited:

I believe in evidence-based outcomes. Please submit your evidence.
The only thing I can tell you about being a fan is to remember you're not a division 1 football player who is getting way too worked about 18-22 year olds playing football. All I can do is try to give you perspective. And yes, I will always call out our fanbase crapping on players.

So what is your perspective you are offering? That no matter the record or outcomes it doesn't matter because that is getting too worked about 18-22 year old playing football? Just want to be clear.

Its not the same staff from Oregon to UCF to today.

My evidence is going on two seasons. I'm still repeating arguments from last season. Same crap is broke as last year. Still was broke in the spring. It is still broke two games into the season. It is not even everything broken, just repetitive broken things not changing.

So what is your perspective you are offering? That no matter the record or outcomes it doesn't matter because that is getting too worked about 18-22 year old playing football? Just want to be clear.

None whatsoever. Keep on reacting this way, it's healthy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back