• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some Things I Don't Understand

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
Do you do this every year?
Actually, I do. If I let the prior week affect me I wouldn't keep going to the games. I never stop being disappointed but I have too many things in my life to worry about a game for too terribly long. And that is exactly what it is, a game, and a game that I am not playing. Hey, if you want to pout all week, that is fine, I just don't understand why.

Actually, I do. If I let the prior week affect me I wouldn't keep going to the games. I never stop being disappointed but I have too many things in my life to worry about a game for too terribly long. And that is exactly what it is, a game, and a game that I am not playing. Hey, if you want to pout all week, that is fine, I just don't understand why.
Then you really won’t understand why I’ve been pouting for about 18 years.

Probably not. I am guessing we, along with everyone else are upset, that I am sure we are in agreement. I have no doubt though you will be, at a minimum more content it my just take a little longer. Hang in there.

I haven't watched the entire game and the replay on Fox skips ahead a lot. But the OL blocking rules are absolutely broken. I've seen more consistent rules out of Pop Warner coaches.

I used to be something like you. I have gotten a little perspective as I have gotten older. Joncarl is right it is a game it is fun and I want them to do well but I don't like to stew on it too much. I didn't sleep well Saturday night that is enough.

I may be completely wrong but Nebraska is my team and I love going to the games and I want them to do well, but I am first and foremost a college football fan. I like to watch college football. I don't just watch the Nebraska game every Saturday, I watch every game I can. It is basically my hobby. I don't hunt and don't really like to fish a lot. I like college football. I think a lot of Nebraska fans the only game the really pay any attention to is the Nebraska game. Me I move on to another game and that helps to get over it some if we lose.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the entire game and the replay on Fox skips ahead a lot. But the OL blocking rules are absolutely broken. I've seen more consistent rules out of Pop Warner coaches.

You know I coached HS football for 21 years and I am not sure I have any idea what you are talking about. Unless I sat down with Greg Austin and had a chat with him about what he they are trying to accomplish I am not sure I would have a clue as to what their particular "blocking rules" are from just watching the game.

Agreed, and especially, when you don't have the big Hogmollies up on the O line to open up gaping holes for your RB's to gash through. I honestly don't think we are that far off, and it may indeed be next year or even 2021, but I think we have the coaching staff to make this happen. I'm not overly concerned at this point in time. GBR

100% agreed. Frost even admitted this offense isn't built for the 12-14 play drives that go 80 yards and take 5-6 minutes off the clock. The O-line still needs lots of development and better Hogmollies! I have said from the start that 2021 is gonna be the year. At this point, I'll take an 8-4 type of year...I'm not overly concerned at this point either. Things are gonna get to where they need to be. May not be this year so I hope errbody can hold off on the Kool-aid for a little while longer!! I know it is Red, Sweet, Ice Cold, and Refreshing on a warm autumn afternoon, but, just hold off for the 2021 & beyond vintage! YUMMM!!

I used to be something like you. I have gotten a little perspective as I have gotten older. Joncarl is right it is a game it is fun and I want them to do well but I don't like to stew on it too much. I didn't sleep well Saturday night that is enough.

I may be completely wrong but Nebraska is my team and I love going to the games and I want them to do well, but I am first and foremost a college football fan. I like to watch college football. I don't just watch the Nebraska game every Saturday, I watch every game I can. It is basically my hobby. I don't hunt and don't really like to fish a lot. I like college football. I think a lot of Nebraska fans the only game the really pay any attention to is the Nebraska game. Me I move on to another game and that helps to get over it some if we lose.
I’m a college football junkie myself. I have watched from 10 am to after midnight beer and controller on hand. That’s harder to do these days.

Don’t tell anybody in Idaho this. You May get evicted. If you don’t hike, bike or ski, I can almost promise it.

The hunting is crazy out here, I got nothing against going hunting, but when you tell people you don't hunt they look at you like you are from another planet. People here will pull their kids out of school for a week to go hunting. My dad didn't hunt and to tell the truth, where I grew up in SW Iowa hunting really wasn't that popular. You couldn't deer hunt in Iowa at that time.

The hunting is crazy out here, I got nothing against going hunting, but when you tell people you don't hunt they look at you like you are from another planet. People here will pull their kids out of school for a week to go hunting. My dad didn't hunt and to tell the truth, where I grew up in SW Iowa hunting really wasn't that popular. You couldn't deer hunt in Iowa at that time.
I was at the gun range in Hailey last week and there were a couple kids shooting rifles while their parents hung out in the clubhouse or whatever it was called. Let’s just say
that isn’t a typical after-school activity where I live in CA.

I could not disagree with this more. This is not a lower level Big 10 team. Most likely, this is a middle of the road, Big 10 team.
Upper Level Teams
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Iowa
Michigan State
Michigan
Maryland

Lower Level Teams
Purdue
Nebraska
Northwestern
Minnesota
Illinois
Indiana
Rutgers

Upper Level Teams
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Iowa
Michigan State
Michigan
Maryland

Lower Level Teams
Purdue
Nebraska
Northwestern
Minnesota
Illinois
Indiana
Rutgers

I hope there is sarcasm with this post, if not I hardly knew ye.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back