• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some schools in trouble with the law.

That guy just gives me the creeps.

He obviously was on the lower end of the anti-Trump spectrum, though. More passive-aggressive than truly outspoken. http://www.justjared.com/2017/01/29...aking-his-shameless-character-seem-so-normal/

And the guy denied there is any liberal agenda in Hollywood.

Lori Loughlin actually is tough to gauge. She didn't mince words about Obama and his failure to address terrorism. She generally seemed to avoid politics. It was her kids that were off the chain flaunting their affluence that may come back to bite her.

An associate athletic director at USC has been suspended and some the these people claimed the "donations" as charitable donations to a fraudulent charity Singer set up. Edit: Just noticed the the 5.2 million in the charity account has been seized.

I wonder how many more athletic department staff at these schools are in trouble and what happens to these students. They did get into school on false pretensions.

Last edited:
People should not pretend this is a liberal only issue. The wealthy have been buying their kids into college for decades regardless of political affiliation.

C

People should not pretend this is a liberal only issue. The wealthy have been buying their kids into college for decades regardless of political affiliation.

C

Agree. To some extent this is old news. In the past, a rich parent would make a donation to the school and the child would be admitted. In this case, donations were made to individuals and the schools didn't see the money. Additionally, the wealthy parents often took the "donation" as a tax deduction, breaking federal and possibly state law. There may be many other state and federal laws that were broken as well.

There are many ways to scam the system. One of my sons played baseball with another kid who was a good shortstop who could hit for power and average. He was an average student. He was recruited by an Ivy League school to play baseball. That is the only way he could have gotten into that school. He accepted the scholarship and enrolled in the school--arguably one of the top three business schools in the country. As soon as he was an enrolled student, he told the baseball coach he didn't want to play baseball. Obviously, the coach wasn't too happy, but there was nothing he could do. The boy stayed in college and graduated in four years with a little over a 2.0 GP. While he doesn't go around bragging about his GP, he'll always a have a degree in business from one of the top business schools in the country. He's doing quite well professionally and financially and on the surface, one could say he played the game to win and he did.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back