• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some Perspective

Osborne used to talk about over coaching players to the point they are frozen in fear of making mistakes. Sounds like it would be plausible 'not ready yet' means they were over coached. Husker recruits versus South Alabama recruits is a bigger delta of ability than Alabama versus someone like Tennessee, yet Alabama had absolutely no trouble running up the score on the Volunteers. It is not lack of recruiting that is killing us.

Osborne used to talk about over coaching players to the point they are frozen in fear of making mistakes. Sounds like it would be plausible 'not ready yet' means they were over coached. Husker recruits versus South Alabama recruits is a bigger delta of ability than Alabama versus someone like Tennessee, yet Alabama had absolutely no trouble running up the score on the Volunteers. It is not lack of recruiting that is killing us.

Did you even watch that game Saturday night or are you talking about something you don't know?

Did you even watch that game Saturday night or are you talking about something you don't know?
You must have missed the part where Alabama beat Tennessee 35-13. Tennessee typically has a top 15-25 recruiting class every year where Alabama is usually around top 5. Tennessee is consistently recruiting at a very high level compared to us. Nebraska is typically a top 25-35 class. South Alabama had a nice composite ranking of 115th in 2018 and 116th in 2017. So yeah, I'll let it go that you simply misread my post.

Last edited:
You must have missed the part where Alabama beat Tennessee 35-13. Tennessee typically has a top 15-25 recruiting class every year where Alabama is usually around top 5. Tennessee is consistently recruiting at a very high level compared to us. Nebraska is typically a top 25-35 class. South Alabama had a nice composite ranking of 115th in 2018 and 116th in 2017. So yeah, I'll let it go that you simply misread my post.

Yeah, you didn't watch the game. This is why I can't take you seriously.

So since you didn't watch the game and erroneously made the claim that Bama ran up the score, it was 28-13 Bama and Tennessee had the ball first and goal in the fourth quarter. A horrendous fumble led to a 100 yard tf return by the Bama defense to make it 35-13. No person who a)knew what they were talking about and b)watched the game would make such a claim.

18 point difference at the final speaks volumes to the talent difference. The Huskers won by 14 with a fourth quarter score...

You have a reality issue, bud.

So since you didn't watch the game and erroneously made the claim that Bama ran up the score, it was 28-13 Bama and Tennessee had the ball first and goal in the fourth quarter. A horrendous fumble led to a 100 yard tf return by the Bama defense to make it 35-13. No person who a)knew what they were talking about and b)watched the game would make such a claim.

I watched the game and it wouldn't have been as close as it was had Tua not been hurt in the first half. What struck me was what a difference the guy under center made.....even for Alabama against a vastly inferior opponent.

18 point difference at the final speaks volumes to the talent difference. The Huskers won by 14 with a fourth quarter score...

You have a reality issue, bud.

Again, nobody rolled up the score on anyone. If Guarantano had just gone low on that sneak, it's a one possession game.
You keep on living in your own world.

I watched the game and it wouldn't have been as close as it was had Tua not been hurt in the first half. What struck me was what a difference the guy under center made.....even for Alabama against a vastly inferior opponent.

Maybe not. But it was by no means a blowout.

Can disagree with your position. However, I remain alarmed with the lack of progress made on the offensive line. The lack of fundamentals and explosion out of their stances is inexcusable.

If this unit was just average, this season would feel a lot different instead they have drug the whole team with them into the sewer.
Damnit man, I was all chipper reading this thread until I had to agree with your post. We'll put i guess..

I think your assessment is pretty good. These are the realities that are what this team is right now. The defense is playing about as well as I expected them to play. The offense is really not playing well at all for a lot of the reason's you have mentioned. combine the better defensive play with about the same offensive play as last year and you are probably sitting at 6-1 right now.

The problem is that Frost set this team up to lose by setting expectations sky high. The national media was all over Nebraska and Frost could have tempered this with a little some pump the breaks talk. He didn't though and that is where the back lash is coming form IMO.
I thought the same thing, and hoped he was right. I truly believe he did it to keep the confidence high, which has backfired.

Can't develop?

Haven't seen much as of yet.

Someone here mentioned 4 freshmen starting on defense for Alabama? How did they develop them for Div 1 football so fast? We need to send a spy.
5*-very high4* helps

Can't develop?

Haven't seen much as of yet.

Someone here mentioned 4 freshmen starting on defense for Alabama? How did they develop them for Div 1 football so fast? We need to send a spy.
Not mention several years of depth, culture etc. Not a good comparison at all

Maybe not. But it was by no means a blowout.
I just said the scores were relative to the talent delta, but in our case I implied we failed to use that talent to win an advantage. But it is true, Alabama won in a blow out. A blow out in this context by definition is an easy victory in a sporting contest. It also implies a sudden failure due to uneven pressure. Winning by three scores is a blow out.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back