• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Some odd things about the January 2nd bowl games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st oddity is that there are 5 B1G teams playing on the same day. Is that a record for one conference?

Secondly, all five teams are underdogs:

Penn St.
Houston -6

Mich. St.
Ga. -3.5

Nebraska
So. Car. -2.5

Flor. -2
Ohio St.

Wisc.
Oregon -6

Just seems kind of weird to me.

I don't know if this data is correct, but doesn't it say that Ohio State is a 2 point favorite over Florida?

I do think the SEC is not as strong as it has been, and the B1G is stronger than many think. I generally think Nebraska is even with last years team, and they have lost to three conference teams. The Big 12 had a divided league last year and Nebraska benefited from it and in the B1G we escaped "battles" against Indiana, Purdue & Illinois. So I conclude that the B1G is up since Nebraska was not able to win their division as they had the last two years in the Big 12.

I really hope the bowl season turns out like I think it might, but won't lose sleep over it if it doesn't.

They should be on the first of January. If they were on the first they would be watched and attended better. Many people have to miss work or school because of the games being played on the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back