• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some ideas for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get paid millions to be a Coach. Nor am I writing I'm more versed.

play.

Here's what I think , my opinion , what Frost and his staff should do .

Fix fix work the O-line. No offense work's well without good O-line . That's a whole other post .The importance Is obvious.

Implement a Georgia southern style option for the running game. ( Next year). It would compliment the passing. It shouldn't be hard? They need some creativity. I like they're implementing more Single wing. I saw a bit today .

Bulk up number 1 . Robinson Is the best back they have. By far. Make him the primary back 70 percent of the time. He needs 10 , 15 pounds on him. He by far is the best back when he's back there.

Emphasize stopping the run. Good effort today but from this point on, stop the run first defense.

Last edited:
Yup it's sad. Could get ga southerns coach though. With a few tweaks it could work great and wouldn't we require a fundamental change on offense.

Yup it's sad. Could get ga southerns coach though. With a few tweaks it could work great and wouldn't we require a fundamental change on offense.

There's no scheme that guarantees winning though. Georgia Southern is running Willy Fritz's offense, who is now at Tulane. He's done fairly well there but isn't setting the world on fire either. The guy at Charlotte is also off the Fritz coaching tree though he runs a little less option than they did at GSU.

There's no scheme that guarantees winning though. Georgia Southern is running Willy Fritz's offense, who is now at Tulane. He's done fairly well there but isn't setting the world on fire either. The guy at Charlotte is also off the Fritz coaching tree though he runs a little less option than they did at GSU.

Oh of course nothing guaranteed in life. Oh he is did not realize he had any relation to Willy. I will say though that he seems to have made tulane from a doormat to a solid football team.

Oh of course nothing guaranteed in life. Oh he is did not realize he had any relation to Willy. I will say though that he seems to have made tulane from a doormat to a solid football team.

I like their offense. Depending on his QB, Ken N. at Navy is doing a lot of stuff from the pistol or gun now too. Very similar.

Really? I stopped paying attention to Navy after 3 years of studying the flexbone. Just think there are a lot of issues with that offense. But I would be very interested in his gun or pistol style of offense.

These guys have been trying to implement their scheme for three years. I don't see them changing it next year. They will either improve and win with it or go down trying.

100%
And if there isn’t some improvement with some coaching real soon, that’s exactly what’s going to happen....

Implement a Georgia southern style option for the running game. ( Next year). It would compliment the passing. It shouldn't be hard? They need some creativity. I like they're implementing more Single wing. I saw a bit today .
So with this suggestion are you saying we need to fire Frost and Lubick? Or are you saying they should run an offense they have zero familiarity with to get better results?

I don't get paid millions to be a Coach. Nor am I writing I'm more versed.

play.

Here's what I think , my opinion , what Frost and his staff should do .

Fix fix work the O-line. No offense work's well without good O-line . That's a whole other post .The importance Is obvious.

Bulk up number 1 . Robinson Is the best back they have. By far. Make him the primary back 70 percent of the time. He needs 10 , 15 pounds on him. He by far is the best back when he's back there.

Emphasize stopping the run. Good effort today but from this point on, stop the run first defense.

Please don't bulk up Wandale. We've already made some mistakes in the S&C and Nutrition arenas and don't need to add our most reliable offensive weapon to the list. He's about as big as he should be for his body type and height.

Somebody call Wisconsin Whitewater and find out what conference they are in and see if we can qualify to join academically and athletically. /s

So with this suggestion are you saying we need to fire Frost and Lubick? Or are you saying they should run an offense they have zero familiarity with to get better results?

I'm saying they need to do something with the running game.. that's what I'm saying..

Sprinkle in some option from a team that runs it from the spread. Leads the Nation a few times in rushing. Georgia southern..they obviously know what there doing. I know people will say the competition. Well we're supposed to have the athletes..

They need to do something with their running game. It's not working what they're doing. Obviously..

You don't have to fire anyone?

Is that such a complicated idea? Leave the passing schemes the same.

Last edited:
Please don't bulk up Wandale. We've already made some mistakes in the S&C and Nutrition arenas and don't need to add our most reliable offensive weapon to the list. He's about as big as he should be for his body type and height.

10 pounds wouldn't make that much of a difference. The bulk could help with him taking a pounding.

I'm saying they need to do something with the running game.. that's what I'm saying..

Sprinkle in some option from a team that runs it from the spread. Leads the Nation a few times in rushing. Georgia southern..they obviously know what there doing. I know people will say the competition. Well we're supposed to have the athletes..

They need to do something with their running game. It's not working what they're doing. Obviously..

You don't have to fire anyone?

Is that such a complicated idea? Leave the passing schemes the same.
I suppose I’m just confused how we put Georgia Southern concepts into an offense that doesn’t have those concepts or rules. And then have our coaches who don’t know that offense teach them.

Id be really concerned if Frost came out in Georgia Southerns offense. Would be time to move on and buy him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back