• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Some honest feedback from two offensive players at this weeks 'presser'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
FYI....just a few tell-tale comments from Ameer Abdullah and Tim Marlowe....

Steven M. Sipple ‏<s>@</s>HuskerExtraSip <s>#</s>Huskers senior WR Tim Marlowe says he's cleared to play Saturday. Cleared for full contact today.

Steven M. Sipple ‏<s>@</s>HuskerExtraSip
Rex Burkhead didn't practice last week but was out at practice cheering team on, Tim Marlowe says. <s>#</s>Huskers

Marlowe, on <s>#</s>Huskers offense: "We can be the best in the country at times when we take care of the football." And limit penalties, he said.

Tim Marlowe set for return Saturday. Says he will work in the slot along with Jamal Turner. <s>#</s>Huskers

Ameer Abdullah says <s>#</s>Huskers "have played very average up to this point." Too many turnovers, penalties on offense, he said.

The win-out theme has taken hold. "That's what we're all about right now," Abdullah said.

Ohio State really shut down Nebraska's kickoff returns. "I feel we got beat physically at the point of attack," Abdullah said.

FYI....just a few tell-tale comments from Ameer Abdullah and Tim Marlowe....

The win-out theme has taken hold. "That's what we're all about right now," Abdullah said.

Ohio State really shut down Nebraska's kickoff returns. "I feel we got beat physically at the point of attack," Abdullah said.

I will comment only on these two.

1) Great...........Glad to hear, now we need actions to back it up by the whole team. I agree we can 'win-out" and potentially go 3-3, 4-2 etc. Winning out can turn what is questionable at present, into a good season.

2) While we may have gotten beat at the point of attack, taking a knee isn't a bad thing.........................sometimes.

I absolutely love Abdullah and him being from Alabama also allows me to wink at the BAMA/Auburn homers down here. I think his next 2 years will continue to bring great excitement as well as wisdom.

GBR !!!!!!

I prefer the "win out" mentality as well. I just wonder what happens should they lose saturday...

Just a lot of talk. While I don't expect them to say anything less, I get tired of hearing it and not seeing it fulfilled. Here's to proving my skepticism unwarranted fellas!

Love you my friend....but I have to disagree....this is probably one of the more honest presser's I have heard in quite sometime...

Just a lot of talk. While I don't expect them to say anything less, I get tired of hearing it and not seeing it fulfilled. Here's to proving my skepticism unwarranted fellas!

I prefer the "win out" mentality as well. I just wonder what happens should they lose saturday...
Yep, and this is why coaches don't usually say things like: "We have to win the next six games, we need to win out." But, we'll see.

Nice to hear the offense taking some responsibility. Anyone from the defense speak?
Like the game, the defense was absent from the press conference. :rolfl:

Yep, and this is why coaches don't usually say things like: "We have to win the next six games, we need to win out." But, we'll see.

Right, that statement from Pelini seems like kind of a rookie mistake. "One game at a time" is old fashioned and boring, but it works.

EDIT: I still have full faith in BP though.

Last edited:

I've learned to dial back my enthusiasm with each season that passes. That's not to say that I don't get excited for games, but I've learned not to expect a national title -- or conference title -- every season. You can read into that and assume that Husker football isn't where it once was, but in reality I find myself more content with 9 or 10 win seasons if I don't expect the world from the beginning of the season.

Here's how I see our season shaking out:
@NWA solid offense with a highly mobile quaterback. If we didn't learn anything from Ohio State, this will be a long game.Probable Win
UMBasically Northwestern on steroids; Ohio State Part II, if you will. Toss Up
@MSUSparty looked good to start the season but has fallen to pieces. Playing a bad Boise State and a loss against a terrible Iowa team didn't help their cause.Probable Win
PSUO'Brien snapped Northwestern's undefeated season. We'll learn more about the Lions when they play Iowa and Ohio State in the next two weeks.Probable Win
MINNJerry Kill is working magic in the Twin Cities, but it probably won't be enough to stop Nebraska. The Gophers keep it closer than last year, but Nebraska should get a win here.Almost Certain Win
@IOWAThe running back curse continues. Iowa keeps leaking talent to other Big Ten teams while their season is in upheaval. This team is probably worse than the '11 squad; Nebraska should leave Iowa City with a W.Almost Certain Win

<tbody>
</tbody>

We'll almost certainly get wins against Minnesota and Iowa. You could also assume that out of the "probable wins" (NW, MSU, PSU) that Nebraska takes two. Putting up 4 more likely wins would push us to 8-4 with a shot at a 9th win in a bowl game. At a relatively conservative estimate, that seems very doable and would match Bo's previous seasons.

Michigan is still perfect in-conference, so if we win all our games BUT Michigan, they'll probably win the division. Of course they avoid playing Wisconsin and Penn State, which means the only likely upsets against the Wolverines are Michigan State and Ohio State. Even if they lose those two games, they'd still have a head-to-head tiebreaker against Nebraska.

At this point, we can "safely" afford to lose two remaining games - assuming that one of them is not against Michigan. It's obviously better to win out, but if we do lose two games they should preferably be against Penn State (cross-divisional) and someone not named Michigan.

If we lose the Michigan game, we won't control our destiny and will need the Wolverines to lose to both Sparty and the Buckeyes, PLUS a heartbreaker against Minnesota, Northwestern or Iowa - none of which seem likely.

If the team wins out, they'll create the most successful season in the Pelini Regime, and that's saying something.

Making too much out of anyone game and having it go poorly could run the season completely off the rails.

I didn't hear the press conference and I know we aren't back in August, but I get tired of hearing the same things prior to each season only to have the same things continually unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back